Video Files on Forum ×

An audio explanation of "HAVE I GOT THIS RIGHT?"

Hugh O Kelly

That is really nice! Sounds more like something I could get out of the XW-P1. Didn't think the PX5s was capable from what I've read. Can the sliders be used for real-time control of the relative loudness of the tracks? This is a tricky propostion on the XW-can be done, but not real easily. Thanks Hugh.

post-1953-0-20667400-1415291546_thumb.jp

• Like 1

No tracks,just live on the Px-5s only.The drums are on the phrase and have their own volume slider and the bass and are programmed in the arpeggio with their own volume too.The beauty is you can write anything you like and play a lead line or piano with lots going on......a great piano and Thanks Jokeman and Hello to Father Jack.

Sounds great!  :) Now this is exactly what I would like to see in an instrument - being able to create complete arrangement live and change / play it on the fly. It was one of the important factors that got me interested in PX-5S. Seeing such exact and detailed demonstration of what I want to achieve is a real treat. Thank you so much, Hugh! You really got this right! Now I can't wait for the moment when I can start using this miracle of an instrument! People like you make me see how beautiful and versatile PX-5S is! 

• Like 1

Nice stuff!  Shows the power and flexibility!  One could have a series of patterns ready to go on the fly and just switch stages settings with a new group of sounds and arpeggios and voila!

Take it a step further and lay down an entire basic song using the pattern sequencer. Then play that back and at the same time play live using the techniques you talk about.  Very simple (conceptually that is) to add some ambient strings or weird sound down underneath in the song sequencer while still allowing your 4 zones to be free to do whatever you want.

• Like 1

Feck! Drink! Women!  i can't tell you how many people I have had in stitches over Father Ted. Maybe I'll show it at the next Pastoral Council meeting at church. Maybe not. Here's a funny...was studying something about the church and it seems the practice of deposing misbehaving priests to remote areas is real-it has been done more than once! Know it's off-topic but...I am going to try to duplicate your process with the XW-P1 which I think has the same capability-recording phrases and arpeggios not a problem. Drums/percussion can be a phrase. I detailed in another post a similar process where I created a "performance' with 4 zones on the XW and recorded 4 tracks using the one performance. I never posted a recording like you have here, you've inspired me to do that.  Back to work..........."You don't believe all that stuff, now do ya Father Ted?".......What stuff is that Dougal?.......Oh you know about God, Jesus, the holy father and all that other stuff..................................." I have to watch these again!