Video Files on Forum ×

Load Midi Files in PX5s

antonio_rizzini

Welcome to the forums Antonio!

The PX-5s can only play midi files from the USB thumb drive.  

The "song sequencer" is a phrase chaining tool.  It does not handle midi data and is 8 tracks rather than 16.  To use it, the programmer tells a track to play one of the existing phrases in memory X number of times before moving to the next one.  Adding more phrase triggers and more repeats to the end of the track completes building a track.  It's more similar to a drum machine than a traditional sequencer. 

It would take a good bit of work, but you could use the data editor to convert parts of the midi file to ZPH "phrase" files.  Then you could reassemble the song in the song sequencer using the phrases. 

I would render the midi file into an audio file.  Then you can play it back from the USB stick or external audio player.  The PX-5s is not really a workstation keyboard.  It is more a live performance stage piano and synth.  

• Like 3

Thank you bradMZ, now is all clear.

I've just sold my old workstation, so i was trying a method to use the Px5s as a sequencer....

Next week i will buy a Kurzweill PC3K7 ;-)  In the meanwhile i will use my ipad with cubasis.

(i've tried to build a song with phrases exported from a midi file, but it seems that there are some problems with the midi channel).