Video Files on Forum ×

Ultimate Concert Grand

Totentanzz

I'm endeavoring to maximize the potential of the "Concert Grand" stage setting (or to create a new "Ultimate Concert Grand" stage setting) ... and what I'm thinking of doing is assigning the six most important piano-oriented parameters to the six sliders. I assume that the 4 knobs would remain the same (i.e., they would remain 4 equalizer settings).

As an example of six possible parameters for the six sliders:

The first slider could be "brightness"/"brilliance" (or the Casio equivalent of this concept);

The second slider could be "reverb"/"concert hall" (e.g., room vs. concert hall);

The third slider could be "resonance"/"string resonance"/"damper resonance";

The fourth slider could be some sort of "ambiance" setting;

The fifth slider could be "touch sensitivity" (light, heavy);

The sixth could be ______ [surprise!] _______.

These are just examples, and there might be more vital parameters that I'm missing; also, my ordering of the six is random and has not been thought-out.

First, is there a video that shows how to do this? Second, is there a pre-existing stage setting that has similar parameters that I can download?

If not, can someone explain how I would do this (in explaining, please note that I'm new to this and do not yet understand how to generate my own "stage settings" ... also, if your explanation can avoid the concept of "hex layers" for now, that would be great ...).

If there's a way to do this, I would think it would be extremely valuable to a concert pianist.

Only a couple of things you mention can be done and those already exist in most piano stage settings.  

To see all options that can be put on sliders press...edit>stage setting>common edit>slider edit>target edit>this is the list.  

You will find that Touch sense, string resonance, reverb preset types (hall, room) and damper resonance cannot be put on a slider.  You CAN put reverb depth, filter resonance and controls for DSP effects on sliders.  

You will find that Touch sense, string resonance, reverb preset types (hall, room) and damper resonance cannot be put on a slider. 

Thanks, Brad.

When I'm using the default "Concert Grand" stage setting (0-0), what is the most efficient/effective way to tweak such parameters as:

Brightness/brilliance

Touch sense

String resonance and damper resonance

Are there other adjustments that pianists typically make to maximize the "Concert Grand" experience? So far, I've only adjusted the "Lid Simulator" to full open.

I appreciate your assistance!

Brightness is best adjusted using the 4 knobs.  This controls master EQ.  

String resonance and damper resonance is: Press the system effect button>scroll down to those settings and adjust

These settings will not be retained after switching to another stage setting unless you "write" the new settings.  Press the write button>choose stage setting>press enter and continue to replace the existing stage setting. 

Touch sense is:  Press system settings>general>touch...adjust. This is stored after power down and not affected by switching stage settings.  No need to do anything special to save it.