Video Files on Forum ×

Metronome and Recording

TheCount

Hi Guys

Bought a PX 5s recently and hm... got a small problem to accomplish something.

I want to record a long song however I need a metronome in the background. Is there any other way than playing metronome sound through some external device?

Considered options:

1. I could use phrase recorder but there is limit of 1600 notes which may be not enough.

2. I could record audio to USB drive (25 minutes is long enough) but no build in metronome sound - could use looped phrase but anything played along will be mixed in the recording - so not good at all.

3. I tried option with external input hoped it is not going to be recorded - but all inputs are recorded as well.

Anybody knows solution to this?

Obviously, you could plug keys to audio interface, play metronome sound in DAW and record ... but this is not what I am looking for.

Thanks

The easiest solution is to record on the USB and output the PX-5S into a mixer. Have your metronome going into the mixer and monitor from there. Even easier is to use an IEM or just a single earbud to play the metronome into one ear. Even easierer is to not use one and trust your timing - the playing sounds more human that way anywho.  :)