Video Files on Forum ×

transfer wav file from computer to sd card with data manager

It's easier if it's a midi file.  I'm no expert but I had spend time converting the wav files to the correct format when I first tried.  Dragging the midi files took no time at all.  Make sure you format the ad card in the keyboard first.

All I really want to do is play to backing tracks without using a mp3 player. I was hoping I could copy wav file from my computer to sd card, then inset card to WK-7600, push some buttons then play along with the wav file on the keyboard. Is this possible? Or am I making it harder than it needs to be?

"31"

If you are pressing the CARD button to play back audio (.wav) files, you are pressing the wrong button !

Pressing the CARD button will only show, and enable you to play, any MIDI (.mid) files on the card.  To play back converted audio (.wav) files, you need to press the AUDIO PLAY button at the lower left corner of the display screen.  Turn the Data Wheel and you will scroll thru the five reserved slots for converted Song Sequencer generated audio files (CASIOWV 1 thru CASIOWV 5) and then any converted wave files that are on the card.  Notice that the START/STOP button in the transport control area will be flashing.  Press it when you have the audio file, that you want to play back, showing in the display screen, and it will load and play.  See Page 126 of the manual for full details.

Good luck and enjoy the WK-7600 !

Regards,

Ted

That's great Ted! I tried it and it worked beautifully. I added around 30 songs to the card and I was able to play them from the wk-7600 just like you said. Now, is there any way I can change the volumn of the wav file without using the main volumn on the wk-7600? No biggie but it would be nice.

Once you have pressed the  START / STOP  button to start playback of an audio file, press the  NO / V ( - )  button to reduce playback volume or the  YES / /\ (+)  button to increase playback volume   -  OR  -  once you have pressed the YES or NO button and brought up the AudioVol. screen, just use the Data Wheel to adjust the playback volume more quickly.  See the table in Item 4 at the top of the left hand column on Page E-127 of the manual for more convenience controls during audio file playback.

• 9 months later...