Video Files on Forum ×

WAV files and Flashdrive

Tracy

On page E-44 of the PX350 manual, there is a table showing among other things- a setting for song playback volume (song volume)  from 0-42. I would check that setting to see if that is the problem. I have been able to record quite a few songs, piano solo parts that play back pretty loudly, without mashing the keys.  This setting is accessed through the function and left/right arrow keys. unfortunately, I do not know if this setting is for .wav files or midi song recorder songs, there is no info about that specifically. I think-the wav file songs are mostly dependent on how loudly that song was recorded as you played it from the keys  but I am just guessing there-or if it is from another source, and is not loud enough, we will have to re-visit Audacity-there is a way to edit a .wav song to be louder with Audacity-and if you have the patience and this is something you want to do, i will step you through that. 

Thanks, Jokeyman, the playback from the keyboard is actually fine.  It only plays back softer when using the flash drive in my computer to play back the songs on Groove or  Windows Media.  I transferred them to Dropbox and that seemed a bit better, but not as full as I would like.  I would be happy to learn how to increase that playback, if you can tell me how.

I will step you through this using Audacity-I've done it many times when editing some of my own recordings--but it will have to wait until tomorrow as it is getting late, will take a little time, firs thing tomorrow AM. I use the "normalize" setting in audacity with wavfiles, but I'll detail it tomorrow. Stay well!

Good morning pianolala. Here is the simplest way I know to increase the loudness of an entire wavfile at once.

Once You have opened a wavfile in Audacity you see the entire wavfile in the main window-make sure you see the entire wavfile, not just part of it. Normally, Audacity will open to show the entire wavfile in one window, as you may have already observed. Once this is done....

1) Now scroll mouse up to "edit" and click on that

2) You will see a new drop-down window with a column of choices-scroll to the word "select" and 3 more choices will show-you want to move mouse to the word "all". This will now change the color of the wavfile so it now has a darker grayish-blue overlay-it should cover the entire wavfie. This now allows you to edit this entire file in all the ways Audacity allows for.

3) Now click on the word "effect" and again you will see a huge selection of choices in a new dropdown menu-you want to select "normalize" or "amplify". Now you must try to decide how much louder you will need to make it. "Normalize" usually works for me with any adjustments for a low-level (loudness) wavfile, and if you use amplify, the adjustments are in decibels-and I will give you a link to the audacity online manual which shows all this much more clearly than my words might be describing.  here it is....hope I helped!

https://www.thebest3d.com/audacity/tutorials/make-louder/audacity-tutorial-make-louder-more-volume-increased-amplitude.html

Jokeyman, 

Thanks so much!   I learned how to change the volume in Audacity if I ever need to, following your note and the link you sent. 

What I finally realized is that I was playing my songs back on my laptop using internal speakers and of course the volume was low.  So I got the bright idea to play them on my husband's PC which has small but powerful external speakers, and Voila!  All the volume I needed and more.

I so appreciate your being on this forum and I know you have the expertise if I run into trouble again.  

Jo

• Like 2