Video Files on Forum ×

What makes Casio so important in your life?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting question.

Two years ago, after about 25 years of NOT playing keyboards, I began researching workstations.  My search synchronized with the WK-7500 release.  I bought the WK-7500 and used the multi-track sequencer to record a few of my old 1970s and 1980s compositions (which would have been VERY expensive back then).  During the 25 year lapse, I wondered what it would be like to hear my compositions.  Casio made my dream come true.  For a $500 investment, the WK-7500 just blew me away.  And personally, it meant much to be able to finally record my compositions.

Since then, I also bought the XW-P1.  The XW-P1 is mostly used as a solo synth - very fat sounding.  Casio has added much fun to my life and that's important.

Travel and business obligations sometimes result in me not touching the keyboards for weeks.  But when I get a travel break and I can be home without a heavy workload, the WK-7500 and XW-P1 bring on the fun. 

These days, Casio is re-positioning itself in the marketplace with what appears to be stellar results.  Casio delivers value and affordability.

• Like 1

Well, I'll chime in. 

I've been at Casio almost 5 years now.  In that period of time I think we've gone under quite a transformation.  When I started we were more of consumer electronics company than a musical instrument company.  That isn't true now.  I think we're re-inventing the brand.  Products like the WK-7500, XW-series and of course Privia are simply amazing. 

One of the great parts of the job for me has been getting to know the team in Japan that creates the products.  They are a brilliant team.  I'd like to think I've had some part in shaping the direction of the products but there are other amazing things that they've invented on their own. It is a great group of people to work with.

I'm going to Japan in a few weeks to visit Casio headquarters and our R&D facility.  I can't wait.

• Like 2

Make them think long time development, not rapid ROI.

What makes the difference between CASIO and the other right now, is not the product, but the renown (other have and you don't).

It takes time to build.

After sale services, spare parts, warranty, product availability, geographice presence. This is what you should consider.

I just bought a PRIVIA PX-350 PACK for 900+ euros.

I feel like I took a risk buying a CASIO. (This is what you should work on).

For the same price, I was considering a YAMAHA or KAWAI. I would had less for more.

I bought the PX-350 because I've now a  good a keybed and piano samples, and some nices addon (rhythm, presets,usb,etc)

I also have an 'old' CTK-591 i bought used and still working like a charm, so I know CASIO can make long lasting items.

Anyway back to the subject

What makes Casio so important in your life

-> I spend (and spent) most of my spare time on a CASIO keyboard :D

Aymeric