Video Files on Forum ×

wk-7500 Clinic request

enjoyed the XW-P1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHgtNeuia7Q

PX-5S clinics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPooBIzCLo

would like one for the wk-7500 which could include discussion and demonstration of

pattern sequencer, mixer, song sequencer,  creating user presets, applying effects to sound, using the tone editor

what topics would you like to have demonstrated in the clinic

of course no responses means no clinic

• Like 3

Here's some tutorial videos I found....

Layering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu7ZdfxFI_U

Tone Editing & DSP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FokkQMtB9R0

Pattern Sequencing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-jsRUugx0

17 Track Sequencer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pgqux527BY

There is an entire series Ralph Maten did - they are in German but have English overdubs.. very informative:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0B214DE58C4FB227

• Like 3

It is possible, but I have a rather hectic schedule this month.  in fact I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to be each week in August.  If it is going to happen it will be closer to the end of the month.  Stay tuned.

BTW:  I saw you post on the Yahoo users group.  It has been rather inactive.  In fact I thought I read that Yahoo was shutting those down.  Anyway, message received.  I'll see what I can do.

Yes, please do an intense workshop of how to combine the Pattern Sequencer with the Sound Sequencer

to produce and compose songs which you start via the Pattern Sequencer and work this into a complete song

via the Song Sequencer.

Show every step in detail and also show how to effectively use the Mixer Sliders to get a completed

Mix and a final song done this way.

Would be cool to see everything in detail so it would be easier to learn how to compose songs

with this keyboard.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Stefan.

P.S: Such a video will also help to sell these complex keyboards much better ! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At summer NAMM, Jeff Dunmire said he doing cool things between the WK-7500 Pattern Sequencer and Registrations.  I'm pretty sure he said that he wrote instructions and that they're online somewhere.  Sorry that I don't remember all the details.

The Pattern Sequencer has lots of power, it's just a little tedious (lots of back and forth button pressing).  The best way to learn is to experiment.  Start with Mike Martin's Pattern Sequencer video and then go from there.

It's best to create a matrix (either on paper or in a worksheet) to keep track of all the instruments in the Intro, Normal, Variation and Ending sections.  A little organization goes a long way.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The Ralph Maten tutorial is multiple parts and comprehensive. Another user Funzie put together another multi part tutorial in English and calls it a review. Both should be up on Youtube.  Casio did not do much in the way of detailed user support not like they did for the PX5S and XWP1.

The PX-5S is viewed, corporately, as a "professional" Stage Piano, while the XW-P1/XW-G1 are viewed, corporately as "professional" synths.  All are non-Arranger (non-one-man-bander) devices, while the CTK/WK models are stuck with the long-standing stigma, across the entire keyboard manufacturing spectrum, as home/hobby/amateur Arranger (one-man-bander) devices, because of their primary use and deployment.  While there are many fine musicians, who make their "professional livings" with these devices, the music world, as a whole, continues to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear toward them.  Possibly the Casio MZ-X series, the Korg PA series, the Ketron Audya, the recent Yamaha Genos, and to a lesser extent, its predecessor, the Tyros line are early attempts to provide interested musicians with truly professional Arranger devices, but due to the initial investment required, haven't really changed the scene much.  I will venture to say that even the top-of-the-line Yamaha Tyros models were still used primarily in a home/hobby environment, but this follows, logically, from their predecessor - the home organ - with its Auto-accompaniment (Arranger) features.  Roland ventured into the professional Arranger arena in the late 90's and early 2000's with its G800/G1000 and G70 models, then all but withdrew from the Arranger market altogether.  So, I guess only time will tell, if there is any kind of a permanent niche for truly professional Arrangers.  In the meantime, we are pretty much on our own for indepth tutorials and training aids.

In the early days of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, Mike Martin provided some much needed video material on those models, but his responsibilities are spread across the entire Casio keyboard line, so his time and resources for any particulat model, or "type" of model are, understandably, limited.  So, we will send him a much deserved "Thank You !"  for what he was able to do for us.

- T -

• Like 1

No doubts that Mike Martin has done a lot, and has done it superbly. He's like a member of my family now, so often he's life-sized on the lcd screen of my living room repeating advice about my 3 Casio keyboards. I've seen the tutorials of Ralph and Funzie, but they are far from being MikeMartin-quality. It's a pity the judgement over the WK-7600. Its a good machine, but its true. I bought it second hand almost new from a dad changing to a simpler board for his son. When I started to understand what I had bought I was in awe. Actually, the WK-7600 still sells new in Chile, and not cheap compared to home keyboards, but I doubt anyone is using it as a composing tool. Me, on the other hand, is what I want to do the most, but I'm lacking the right shortcuts for busy lives aficionados that I could find for my PX-5S and my XW-P1. Long time ago I decided I was going to be a proud Casio-guy no matter what, and that's exactly what I am.

• Like 1

It is a pity that there is a stigma attached to any musical instrument whether it be an arranger or something else. As for Casio, they make a lot of arranger products across their musical instrument line. In fact they are their bread and butter. If the arranger market isn't profitable, why do they they make and sell so many of them?