Video Files on Forum ×

New Models Coming to Casio America

From the press release:
"Casio America, Inc. is hitting the right note with music enthusiasts and professional musicians with the launch of five new digital pianos– the CTK-6200CTK-6250CTK-7200WK-6600 and WK-7600. From music composition to stage performance, these keyboards are fully equipped for live and studio musicians alike. The latest introductions in digital keyboards will be on display at Casio’s Booth # 5900 at the 2014 NAMM Winter Session, January 23 -26 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA."

ctk-6250_pressImage.jpg

ctk-6200_pressImage.jpg

FULL TEST OF PRESS RELEASE:
http://www.casio.com/news/content/Casio_Hits_a_High_Note_at_Winter_NAMM_2014/

The only problem with this, besides the fact that I never heard a rep mentioning these as something visitors could see at the NAMM booth (while I did hear other things like the XW-J1 mentioned), is that as far as I can tell only one of these "new" models (as the press release repeatedly calls them) are actually new: The CTK-6250. All the rest have been available internationally for quite some time (there are reviews of some of these models on YouTube from mid 2012).  And for what it's worth the CTK-6250 is just a CTK-6200 with a red control panel. (MUST...CONTAIN...EXCITEMENT.)

I smell a rat.  Or at least some cheese.  Nothing in the press release would lead anyone to even guess that most of these are not really new models at all.  I am intimately familiar with many marketing tactics but I thought Casio was above this sort of thing.

LOL wait..... <_< that not even funny luckily the Europe site has it correct having only the CTK 6250 as the new one.

http://www.casio-europe.com/nl/emi/highperformance/

And this is the first recent vid on youtube

[media/]

There are so many site's http://www.casio-music.com/euro/instruments/xw-synthesizer/xw-synthesizer/xw-g1/

LOL wait..... <_< that not even funny luckily the Europe site has it correct having only the CTK 6250 as the new one.

http://www.casio-europe.com/nl/emi/highperformance/

That's because the other models are not new to the European market.

Casio is not "stooping" to anything....These models have not been available in the US market so they are indeed new to us.  

Casio is not "stooping" to anything....

With all due respect that is one man's opinion.  Mine is different.  You sound like the network (was it ABC?) that used to advertise about its re-runs, "If you haven't seen it it's new to you!"   But in this case it isn't new to us.  This is the age of the Internet, the age of instant communication and world-wide distribution of information.  We know about these models.

It is, in MY opinion, at worst disingenuous and at best a miscalculation on Casio's part not to mention in the press release at least once, that all but one of the models have been previously available in other countries for several years.  Not to acknowledge that which we already know is a mistake.  It makes it look like they are either trying to create an aura of innovation where none exists or that they assume potential customers are poorly informed.  Either way, not good.

Furthermore, I'm willing to bet that most of the people on this forum, almost all of whom own one or more Casio products and support the company both in spirit and by monetary contribution (they bought a Casio product!), would agree with me.

:)  I'm happy.  No gripes here.  Casio has done a fine job in my opinion. 

I think they have too, in general.  I simply submit that they could have worded that particular press release to be more transparent. They should have been more cognisant of how NOT saying something in the context of the press release would appear.  That's what I think most people will agree with.  Not whether Casio is a good company or not.  Clearly, they are.  I criticize a specific behavior of the company, not the company itself.

Remember that NAMM is not a public show. It is meant for music merchants. The primary goal of it is to show new musical instruments and products to dealers and get them to agree to sell your stuff. We're secondary. :)

Yes secondary "droool"  :P knowing what kinda new play things you're dealer going to deliver for you makes watching these show long for faster delivery I'ts how I still got this glitter and sparky look in my eyes for my synth imagine what would happen if I get my PX5S...or any other synth I'm panting even writing this. The hours I spend on youtube vids about those synths and keyboards like watching reruns of last night shows "I'm that kind of person :lol: " never get enough of them then I'm at it to my own synths.

That's because the other models are not new to the European market.

Casio is not "stooping" to anything....These models have not been available in the US market so they are indeed new to us.  

what does stooping mean in this context actually ? , My english not so good I've translate it like bending something around like releasing a box office movie in America now and then a year later in Europe is that stooping?

Remember that NAMM is not a public show. It is meant for music merchants. The primary goal of it is to show new musical instruments and products to dealers and get them to agree to sell your stuff. We're secondary. :)

All true but it doesn't give Casio a pass on the contents of the press release, in my opinion (I see I'm going to have to use that qualifier a lot in this thread). Replacing "we" in my critique with "the dealers" doesn't make it better.

what does stooping mean in this context actually ? , My english not so good I've translate it like bending something around like releasing a box office movie in America now and then a year later in Europe is that stooping?

No. It means in this context doing something beneath the principles of conduct others expect of you.

"These models have been available in Europe for some time, we're only now getting around to bringing them to America," didn't say Mike Martin, general manager of marketing, Musical Instruments Division. "However, the Americans got the PX-5S well before Europe, so call it even."

Would that make you happy?  :P
  • Like 4

I like it too! :)

Seriously, though, there are better ways the press release could have been worded to be more transparent.

My specific issue with the press release has received more attention in this thread than it deserves. It's not a major issue and I'm sorry I even brought it up.  It's clear that at least some of you don't feel the same way about it that I do.  That's okay.

• Like 3

From the press release:

"Casio America, Inc. is hitting the right note with music enthusiasts and professional musicians with the launch of five new digital pianos– the CTK-6200CTK-6250CTK-7200WK-6600 and WK-7600. From music composition to stage performance, these keyboards are fully equipped for live and studio musicians alike. The latest introductions in digital keyboards will be on display at Casio’s Booth # 5900 at the 2014 NAMM Winter Session, January 23 -26 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA."

From what I understand, these models have some of the new synth samples taken from the XW series.  I'll have to research this some more.   :D