Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 drawbar organ downloads

Jokeyman123

I know there are many edited organ tones users have uploaded as individual sounds for the XW-P1 here on the forum.

I seem to recall there was an upload with a bunch of organ sounds grouped together as one download-I had loaded it and didn't save it on the card or elsewhere before I pooched my XW so it is no more and was a nice collection, sounded real nice and had a very good "Moody Blues" among others.

Does anyone know where these might be?  I can't find these in the download section and i don't think these were factory downloads. I'm pretty sure these were user-created here on the forum. Thanks.

Guess I remembered wrong on this one.  I looked through every upload, no collections. I checked the wordpress blog, not there either. Guess a brainfart from my injury this past year scrambled this. I must have put all the organ uploads together myself back a few months ago, which was wiped when I had the XW serviced.

Is it OK if I assemble a collection compiled from all the organ uploads, and put it back up as a .ZPK file for anyone that might be interested? I'm going to do that for myself anyway, not too hard. I'd like to have all the organ edits together in my XW, there are some real nice ones here.

• Like 1

Jokeyman

If you really DID download such a collection of drawbar organ tones, you would have had to download them to your PC before loading them onto the XW.  In that case, they should still be on your PC, unless you specifically deleted them.  If your running Windows and have a "Downloads" folder, you may want to check in there.  You could also check the "Downloads" log of whatever browser you use for downloading, unless you are in the habit of clearing that regularly.

Good luck !

• Like 1

Thanks Ted. Thanks to Windows, I sometimes need to clean my operating systems out too! Meaning total annihilation and re-installation, I access my data from Linux on another partition, learned that lesson the hard way. I keep a separate partition just for windows chronic irregularities so I don't wipe my data. i searched all the usual hiding places for my downloads and of course the data manager EMI folder which is where I always transfer downloads from computer.

I have one other laptop I haven't checked-housekeeping, ugh but that's my ultimate redundancy backup for data-several laptops!

I only found 6 organ edits for the XW-P1 from the uploads, I remember more than that. Maybe when the website had some trouble a few months back these disappeared somehow. I clearly remember a "Whiter Shade of Pale" organ edit that sounded very nice. Guess I'll have to find some time to do my own edits and post and with drawbars for instant editing, guess not much need for this. I won't put up a .ZPK until I can get at least a few more interesting edits together.

Jokeyman >>> I believe I still have every single XW-P1 upload on my main desktop machine.  I'm still on my laptop right now but later tonight I can zip up all the patches and send them to you via email

Send me your email address in a private msg and I'll get those off to you before I turn in for the night tonight.

Gary

PS >>> I've been a BIG OLE LEECHER ever since this forum first started up :D :D :D

Actually I double checked.  I sent you two PMs here on the forum and neither one of them has been marked as "Read" yet.

You access the PMs from the icons in the upper right corner of the page.

See if you can reply to those.

Gary

BTW, if you're trying to reply to the Emails directly I don't think it will work.  PM's from this forum are sent as email notifications with a special reply to link inside the message.  Simply replying to the mail will just bounce off the Casiomusicforums.com mail server I think.

Gary

I have compiled Gary's newly rediscovered organs in a .zpk file as well as several hex and pcm organ edits from the user uploads. When I find out the best way to repost these as one file for everyone to use, I will. Otherwise I will post 3 separate .zpk (package) files for installing in the XW-P1 with the data editor.

After conferring with Gary (happyrat), I have compiled and uploaded all the organ tones we have found into one zip file which is now available in the XW-P1 users upload section. These are in .zdo, (drawbars) ztn (PCM tones) and .zlt (hex layers) formats. Unzip and place in the Casio data editor EMl folder/userdata subfolder to transfer to the XW-P1 only. The drawbar organs were lost to the uploads last year and thanks to Gary, these are now available again. There 18 in all.