px850user

Corrupted piano sound on 2 notes

Is there any way to reload the waveform memory? On the 2 grand piano sounds (concert and modern) 2 adjacent notes E and Eb an octave above middle C have developed a loud buzzing sound after holding the key down for about a half second. All other notes and voices work. I have tried the factory reset.

Are you sure something hasn't come loose and is resonating at those frequencies? Try using headphones and see if it's the sound or something physical that is loose or vibrating.

I am wondering if it's a key sensor issuing instead of a waveform issue. It's easy to check by connecting the PX-850 to a iPad or computer and using a MIDI monitor program to make sure those keys are sending the correct information.

What kind of information could the key sensor send to make it sound like that? The key sensor should only be sending note on/off and velocity. All other voices - other pianos, strings, organs etc. sound OK. It is only on the grand piano sounds.

Oh just on the grand piano sounds.... sorry I missed that part.  Wow that is strange. I afraid you will probably need to have your Privia serviced -- I don't know of any user fix for this. 

It is too much work to send in for repair. I was hoping there was some way of rewriting the waveform memory through the USB port. If there isn't, I will just use the other piano sounds. The grand piano sounds were the best I have heard on any electronic piano or soft synth.

I just listened to the WAV file. Ouch. That needs to be fixed.

I'd be concerned that whatever is causing that will eventually affect all of the sounds.

Where are you located, where did you buy it, and when did you buy it?

You should contact Casio and see what can be done, and/or the seller to see if they handle this sort of thing. I know it's trouble but it would be better to have the whole ship righted.