Video Files on Forum ×

Installing ZPF and ZLT files into PX-5s

Tcaron20

As a new PX-5s user I have tried to educate myself on the file system and terminology. Mr. Weiser's Vintage set looks and sounds amazing but I am confused on where the ZLT file gets installed and the relationship to the same named ZPF file.

I know that the ZPF would go into a Stage location and overwrite one of the 100 locations but where would the ZLT file go? I know how to place it in a user Tone slot but is this correct? Do I need to identify it within the Stage Setting? Is the ZLT file necessary for the ZPF to be fully installed? What is the ZLT or HEX files relationship to the ZPF?

I know this is probably an elementary question but I want to install it correctly. I am using the PC Editor to move files around.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi. Congrats on the new 5s. One of the cool things about ZPF stage settings is that they carry their own tones in each zone.  These might be totally new or simply a copy of a preset tone.  There is no need to keep track of the relationship between the location of user tones in the tone banks to those in the stage setting. The two locations are really independant.  Sometimes when uploaders create new sounds, they only upload the stage setting itself knowing the new sounds are contained within.  Other times, an uploader might save ZLT hex layer tones individually... just for convenience to the downloader who may want just the single tone for use in their own stage setting. In that case, the tones are the same those in the stage settings.  This is something anyone can do. When you have a stage setting with custom tones inside, press write>tone....and the current tone in the selected zone can be written to the tone bank.