Video Files on Forum ×

Has anyone heard of a CZ-2000 ? not a 2000s

gtarsoncasio

I have been searching all over the net to find if there is such a thing as a Casio CZ-2000 .  I cannot find anything out there on it.

There are 2000s models, but I mean one with just a 2000 and no "s" on it..  It is basically exactly like a 1000, only metal case

instead of plastic, and does not take batteries, it has a dedicated hard wired regular wall cord.  Other than the metal 

construction and the wired cord, it is identical to the CZ-1000..  If there was or is such a thing out there, how much

would it be worth on today's market as rare as it seems to be?  Someone please let me know if you have any

information on a CZ-2000..   

Thanks

gtarsoncasio

• 3 months later...

I never saw a CZ-2000 and it's interesting to know that apparently such a thing exists.

As for values, well, keep in mind that although there is an interest in Casio synths these days, most of the younger fellas who look for one aren't specifically after such a rare model, they just want a CZ synth, probably the popular ones like the 101 (especially that one) and 1000. Yes, it would be a collectors' item... but to who and for how much? I mean, surely there is someone out there who would go nuts at the sight of it, but at the end of the day it would be just another CZ synth with the same synthesis as the others. And if it's like you say, it's just a CZ-1000 in metal casing with a wall cord? 1000's are easy to find, so it wouldn't be such an unique item. Besides playing and collecting keyboards and synths, I also collect vinyl records, and to me this sounds like the usual situation of rare items that are only special to a select few, thus only being worth slightly more than the regular unit. Until a few days ago I had CZs 101, 1000, 230S and 1, and in all honesty that was too many so I ended up passing up the 1000 to a close friend. I almost sold the CZ-1 as well, but decided against it. Even if I have interest in collecting, I wouldn't justify paying much (or paying at all) for another CZ just because its model is rare, for instance. I'm under the impression that others may think similarly in such a case, as there's little difference between some CZ models.

So: only slightly more than a CZ-1000 seems fair?

I was wrong... It is a 2000S and not just a 2000.  I had it packed away in a closet and swore that it was a 2000,

but after I pulled it out, it grew a S on it for sure!  And I have put it up for sale at (as you say) just slightly more than

the guy who is selling a 1000 right now on Craigslist.. He is selling his 1000 for 200 and I am at 250 on mine..

I already had a 1000 and destroyed it by leaving batteries in it for a year or two (and forgot they were in there)

and I am trying to sell that one for parts.. I have a 101 I bought just a year ago, and I have the 2000s.. I am

only going to keep the 101 since that is all I need and it takes up no space.. and you can put it on your lap

to play it.. So, I hope to sell the 2000 S sometime soon... Hey thanks for your reply to my post and for 

your input on values etc.. I agree with you on those opinions.. Young folks are hard to sell these things to.

Hasn't this discussion regarding a mythical "CZ 2000S" cropped up somewhere else before?

With regards to the model "CZ 2000S", it does exist according to Wiki (see attached picture). It doesn't match your description of being a CZ1000 with a metal case though.  It was also not available in North America, and I have never seen not heard about one in Europe. It may have been a Japanese market only model.

Post a picture of the one you have, as a picture speaks a thousand words. We will then be able to tell you exactly what model it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_CZ_synthesizers

Screenshot_20180619-202932.png

Yes Chas, that one in Japan is exactly like mine!  I am selling mine as well. So buy American!  LOL..

I am going to post pics of mine below here.  If I am not mistaken, the 2000 S is stereo like the CZ-2600 mentioned 

above.. I think that is what the "S" on the end stands for.  When I said it was like a 1000 with a metal case,

I was not totally accurate, as it does have some additional features on it over a 1000.. More banks and

real buttons.  It also has speakers, whereas a 1000 does not too.  One more thing too about this one,

it knows a lot more songs than my 1000 does.. This one knows twice as many songs!  :)

CZ-2000S one.jpg

CZ-2000S five.jpg

CZ-2000S four.jpg

CZ-2000S two.jpg

cz2000sf2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Steplogik is a great buyer too!.. No B.S., he does exactly what he says he will do and does it fast!

I tried to keep up to him as best I could.. Glad ya liked the CZ-2000S, and hope it will inspire 

you for years to come. I loved that keyboard.  Talk about a classic!  That would be it..

Nice feel to it all of the way around.. Built like a tank too!  24 lbs of classic electronic

goodness!  

OMG NOOOOOOO!  Kick us out of the forum!  I had no idea that it had such a rule.  Now we will have to 

quit posting here, since we did the unspeakable crime.  I feel so badly now.. With my head hung in total

shame and humiliation, I leave this forum forever and ever... I wish to thank all of the people that responded

to the original posting, and thank them from the bottom of my heart for their kind and informative views

on the subject.  I will take my Casio knowledge on the four Casio synths I have bought and owned over

the years, and find some other venue to discuss things with.. I am a member of the one on yahoo, so

that one will have to do from now on.  With all of the money Casio has made off of me over the last

many decades, I just wish they would see it my way and allow what few of us there are, to do

what we need to do. Who came up with that rule anyway?  Are they just plain stupid? Talk about

a way to get traffic going for once, maybe you should rethink your position on that eh?  If I were

in Casio' forum's shoes, I'd want all of the traffic I could get and make provisions for us LOYAL

CASIO FANS to have a place to buy/sell/trade.. What a concept huh?  Think about it..

Thanks for the schooling!  

I'm sorry you feel the need to go.  I should have explained, my post above is just a friendly tip about the rules for the future.  Everyone is welcome to this forum and welcome to discuss all gear, Casio or otherwise, but we do have rules based on past experience in order to keep things running smoothly for everyone.  We hope you decide to stick around for a bit longer.  Again, sorry for any hard feelings.  

• 2 years later...

I had this Model once. I bought it on Ebay and it is one of the few CZ Casio keyboards with a CR2032 button coin battery inside for the ram. It is the CZ2000S for the SPEAKERS, not Stereo.. Read CZ230S. The CZ2000S has a very similar top plastic case design to the CPS201 and the very rare CPS210(201 but with MIDI). The CZ2600 I have never seen. The CZ2000S has a stereo chorus which is a real effect(analog and digital circuit and IC chip just for that)and at least on my unit, it was acting up due to the bad sliders? I sold it for cheap regrettably and will NEVER do that again if I should be blessed with one, especially now in this pandemic! I will hoard everything I have and when I die, then the next person can have at it..

If anyone seen a CZ2600 I would love a picture or 2 or ten!