Video Files on Forum ×

Where is your PX560 made?

Legend 88

Just got  my PX560 , so far so good. It came with firmware 01.15 installed, I guess that is good.  However I got mix feelings about it, my piano is made(in a backyard) in China, where is your made?  It would have been nice if it says "Made in Japan." I got 30 days to register it for 3 years Casio  Limited warranty.  Who knows what "limited" means. 

You are allowed to think what you want, of course, but the generalizations that state things like, "stuff made in country X is good, stuff made in country Y is bad" are just that, generalizations. The fact is, good and bad stuff comes from lots of places. It's up to the manufacturer to make sure there is quality in the design and manufacture of their products.

As far as the "limited" warranty, if you drop it off a cliff, Casio probably won't fix it for free. If you treat it right yet something goes wrong with it, Casio has been good about supporting their products.

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

You are allowed to think what you want, of course, but the generalizations that state things like, "stuff made in country X is good, stuff made in country Y is bad" are just that, generalizations. The fact is, good and bad stuff comes from lots of places. It's up to the manufacturer to make sure there is quality in the design and manufacture of their products.

Unfortunately when production is moved for cutting down the production costs, also the build quality is reduced. If the manufacturer or the importer could sell well a lower quality item it will.

In 1999 me and my brother bought a Fiat Panda. This version. Mine was made in Turin, my brother'one unfortunately was made in Poland.

Mine is still used by mu mother, but my brother's one was riddled by a lot of problems both at the body and the drivetrain and he after seven year after a melt engine left it at the scrapyard. 

They were looking almost the same except the colour.

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

Apparently Diat continues their legendary quality issues. Could be worse, they could be making Casios. Or here in the US, Chrysler/Dodge who after being baled out by the govt. 2 times still has problems with quality. i would never buy a Dodge music workstation. Or a Fiat PX-560.

Because Fiat and Chrysler are now the same thing.

Alas the cars they're selling now aren't made with the same philosophy of the older Fiat, cheap, no frills, and low maintenance costs. My dad had two Fiat Croma (1st series) and made 250.000 km on each, without big problems. 

10 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

You are allowed to think what you want, of course...

I just hope that  Casio implemented some "strict" quality control at the manufacturing plant in China, just like Apple has done with the iPhone and some other devices  made in China. 

On 3/8/2018 at 12:26 AM, Legend 88 said:

Just got  my PX560 , so far so good. It came with firmware 01.15 installed, I guess that is good.  However I got mix feelings about it, my piano is made(in a backyard) in China, where is your made?  It would have been nice if it says "Made in Japan." I got 30 days to register it for 3 years Casio  Limited warranty.  Who knows what "limited" means. 

Hi! Can you please check and confirm that your new PX 560 comes with firmware version 1.15? The latest available version is 1.14 and was released in April 2017.

5 hours ago, arcturus said:

Hi! Can you please check and confirm that your new PX 560 comes with firmware version 1.15? The latest available version is 1.14 and was released in April 2017.

Interesting.  I just checked the official download site and its still at 1.14.  Curious to know what's in the new version and when it will be packaged as an instalable upgrade.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:57 PM, arcturus said:

Yes, that is the correct, it came with  version: 1.15   Here is a picture. 

px560.jpg

6 hours ago, Scott Hamlin said:

If it was made any place other than China, it would be more expensive. As far as QA - I have a ton of Chinese-made Casios. Never had a problem, but the warranty is there for any issues that come up. 3 years for a digital piano is really good. 

I am not really sure about this.

I have bought a kitchen from Ikea and when the forniture arrived there was a MADE IN ITALY written on most labels and on the appliances I bought.

Maybe for furniture is different and maube in the USA the Ikea furniture is all from china, but I suppose that if IKEA isn't putting Italian flags on their kitchens is because they have choosen italian factories for the quality/price ratio. On the other hand I have noticed that a lot of plastic things like basins or  office supplies are Made in Germany even if they're simple molded plastics.