Video Files on Forum ×

Midi Recorder Song Template

Producer1

Looking for an easy solution to setup a Song Template with each channel labeled and set with an instrument.Example..Ch1=Piano....Ch2=Bass...Ch3=Strings and have a default Instrument assigned to it.etc that i can use everytime before starting a new Song?.The problem is that the Channel.does not hold the Instrument on a Channel unless you have recorded data on it.Does not seem stable.I am use to the old school way of setting up Sequencer Song Templates.

It's possible.  Header data stores all of the mixer settings. Open the midi recorder.  Enable record standby.  Press new data.  You'll need to record data of some sort to one track to create a new midi recording. Perhaps just move the pitch or mod wheel or press the sustain pedal.  Stop the recording. Go to mixer port C to assign tones to each part.  Hold the registration store button while pressing the midi play/rec button.  You'll see an update message.  Now you can name your tracks and you have a template.  You'll need to copy this midi recording every time you want to use it as a template for a new song.  To prevent overwriting the header data when recording to tracks, change record mode from "new" to "re-recording".  You'll see that each time you enable record standby for a track.  Don't forget to change that. That should do it.

• Thanks 1

Great.Thanks.That makes a lot of sense now.I was trying to do everything on the Midi Recorder page's.I did realize i had to record some type of data on each track to be able to Monitor the sound but loose Track name & assigned sound when clearing track.

Still problems with Song Template.I was able to save the Header/Mixer Port C settings with the tones i wanted.When i go into the Midi Recorder i can Monitor each Tone on it's Channel under the Monitor Button.When i press Record and select the a Channel it defaults back to a Piano and not the Tone saved in the Mixer Port C for that Channel.Do i still have to press Record and select a Tone again to assign to that Channel?Maybe i am missing something assuming that once the Port C Mixer is setup and save by the Registration & Midi Button it would save a Template so i could use the Tones already setup/saved on Mixer Port C?

23 hours ago, Producer1 said:

I noticed you mention to hold the  registration store button while pressing the midi play/rec button.Do i press the ( Midi Play & Rec Mode Button )next to it while holding  (Reg.Store )button?

Sorry. I meant MIDI play/stop button.  Hold store, then press the MIDI play/stop button.  

On 3/13/2018 at 9:17 AM, Brad Saucier said:

You'll need to record data of some sort to one track to create a new midi recording. Perhaps just move the pitch or mod wheel or press the sustain pedal.

To expand on this, you'll also need to record data of some type (sustain pedal operation, etc) to each track in the template in order to enable the track rename function. 

4 hours ago, Producer1 said:

When i press Record and select the a Channel it defaults back to a Piano and not the Tone saved in the Mixer Port C

Sounds like you forgot the part I told you not to forget.....  😉

On 3/13/2018 at 9:17 AM, Brad Saucier said:

To prevent overwriting the header data when recording to tracks, change record mode from "new" to "re-recording".  You'll see that each time you enable record standby for a track.  Don't forget to change that.

Which is here.....

20180314_110323.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that info greatly.If everything is set correctly the Midi Recorder Tracks should reflect all the Tracks setup in the Mixer Port C?I had each Track Monitoring what was on the Mixer Track except when armed for Recording the Tone would change to a Piano.I am guessing that i don't have to assign Tones again on the Midi Recorder Tracks once it is already setup on the Mixer Port C Channels?I will try again.