Video Files on Forum ×

MZ-X300 Scale Fine-Tuning

MNS

In the Casio website under this Link is indeed written: 

• Scale Tuning: Equal temperament + 16 types, Scale Fine Tune ±99 cents

I believe the terms are quite clear when we are talking about scale tuning.
I have bought the MZX-300 but I can not find any scale fine tuning possibility other than those default scales (equal Temp + the other 16 fix ones) under the main setting menu.

Can anybody give some hint, where to find the scale fine-tuning menu? (e.g. to fine-tune the B note to -50 cents
Thanks

26 minutes ago, MNS said:

In the Casio website under this Link is indeed written: 

• Scale Tuning: Equal temperament + 16 types, Scale Fine Tune ±99 cents

I believe the terms are quite clear when we are talking about scale tuning.
I have bought the MZX-300 but I can not find any scale fine tuning possibility other than those default scales (equal Temp + the other 16 fix ones) under the main setting menu.

Can anybody give some hint, where to find the scale fine-tuning menu? (e.g. to fine-tune the B note to -50 cents
Thanks

I don't think you can define a new scale tuning by fine tuning individual notes, You can fine tune a channel in the mixer. 

From the docs ...

"Fine Tune Specifies, in cent steps, the pitch of the notes of each part. –99 to 0 to +99" Page EN57 User Guide

Thanks Rick,

I think Fine-Tuning the whole channel is actually not Scale-Tuning (scale is in fact the scale of interval between the notes, as you know where the name Quarter-Scales come from). :)
Honestly any keyboard that I had till today had this functionality for single note tuning in the menu. (even CTKs have this!!! :huh:).

Can any one tell us if this functionality is going to be implemented with the next OS-Update?
(Casio is currently advertising their keyboards with this functionality, and it is indeed missing)

Best Regards
Mehrdad (MNS)

It is a mistake on the web page.  MZX series does not have scale fine tuning.  I'm guessing since the CTK and WK series do have that feature, whoever made the web page mixed up the specs.  It's extremely rare that Casio's main international site has a mistake like that.  The manuals for MZX series do not have the same mistake.

3 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

It is a mistake on the web page.  MZX series does not have scale fine tuning.  I'm guessing since the CTK and WK series do have that feature, whoever made the web page mixed up the specs.  It's extremely rare that Casio's main international site has a mistake like that.  The manuals for MZX series do not have the same mistake.

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the Info. Do you think this function will   any time   be implemented in the MZX Series?
or is there any hope for that? (at least to be able to edit the default 16 scales)

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

is there going to be a new update which fixes this missing scale tuning issue? 

Casio is still saying this feature is available on their website, and yet there is no scale fine tuning. 

This is becomming a big issue for me (and many many people I know who could buy this, and didn't because of this problem) and is also making the keyboard very unusable for me, when I can not play half of my songs which are in other scales. 

One may expects such simple features from a "professional" keyboard.