Video Files on Forum ×

Wk 1800

Enos

Hi where can i download new rhythms & tones on to a floppy disc for my wk 1800 its a great keyboard just tired of the old tones  rhythms that came with it and on the  wk 1800 accessory disk  want the new sounds from all the new models but on my  wk 1800 how do i do this thanks

Enos

To my knowledge, the only aftermarket/expansion Tone and Rhythm files ever officially released by Casio for the WK-1800 were those on the diskettes that came with the WK-1800.  There may be the odd user generated file, to be found here and there, in the darkest corners of long defunct and forgotten forums, but I would not have the slightest idea where to tell you to begin looking.  The WK-1800 was the last of its model line.  Its WK-3XXX successors, and their CTK siblings, introduced new sound and rhythm engines with enough difference to prevent the sharing of files between the two model lines.  I am afraid that, other than creating your own rhythms with the Pattern Sequencer, there is no other work-around for your dilemma, in that respect, but new Tones are a different matter.  You can experiment with new tones by connecting the WK-1800 to your computer with a USB-MIDI adapter and installing any number of different VST instrument managers/players, along with a vast palette of wave samples, all the way from traditional to the latest electronic genres.  The main requirement is a computer with enough processor speed and power to avoid problematic latency.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 9:45 PM, - T - said:

Enos

To my knowledge, the only aftermarket/expansion Tone and Rhythm files ever officially released by Casio for the WK-1800 were those on the diskettes that came with the WK-1800.  There may be the odd user generated file, to be found here and there, in the darkest corners of long defunct and forgotten forums, but I would not have the slightest idea where to tell you to begin looking.  The WK-1800 was the last of its model line.  Its WK-3XXX successors, and their CTK siblings, introduced new sound and rhythm engines with enough difference to prevent the sharing of files between the two model lines.  I am afraid that, other than creating your own rhythms with the Pattern Sequencer, there is no other work-around for your dilemma, in that respect, but new Tones are a different matter.  You can experiment with new tones by connecting the WK-1800 to your computer with a USB-MIDI adapter and installing any number of different VST instrument managers/players, along with a vast palette of wave samples, all the way from traditional to the latest electronic genres.  The main requirement is a computer with enough processor speed and power to avoid problematic latency.

Do you know where I can find those diskettes?

• 4 weeks later...

This synth has two DCOs (DCO1 and DCO2) Each has its own numerically controlled envelopes and effects (which are separate from the mixers and the DSP unit, both of which exist, AFTER the oscillators) This is a PCM synth, but not all sounds are samples. I also don't know the type of PCM, APCM or DPCM. (Yes those are the two types of PCM)