Video Files on Forum ×

CTK Soundset

The quick answer is no.  I bought an SA-46 because it's so inexpensive, has cool sounds and is so portable.  You can layer things in a DAW, add effects or use a looper and really make some nice tracks with it.  YouTube is loaded with cool SA videos.  That's what led me to buy one, plus I can't seem to stop collecting Casio's. 

• 1 month later...

There used to be a time that the SA series had the same sound engine as the earlier CTK models i believe (Or was it the CA engine?) And they kept that engine from the late 80s (With the SA-1) Up until the SA-75 (Which is now roughly 11 years old?) Starting with the SA-4x and the newer 7x models they have improved their soundchip massively, and i would even go as far as saying that these toy keyboars from 2015-16-17 sound better than the mid 90s home Casio's did like the CTK-601/611/531 etc etc

And for that money? I believe they're about $50-75 right? What Brad says, plug them in to your audio interface, open your DAW, start layering, and you can create pretty awesome sounding stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 5:19 PM, looperboy said:

Yes, the sounds are great in the SA-46. I'm hooked on it. But I was hoping there might be a Casio that had the same sound set, but also MIDI. If the SA-46 had MIDI it would be an incredible keyboard.  

Casio will make a step up to SA-46 called SA-56 and SA-76 called SA-86 which contains more song bank tunes and USB MIDI support sometime.