Video Files on Forum ×

Privia PX-350 M

I have a Privia PX 350 M. It has a usb port. I would like to download the Rhodes sound for it (it doesn't have it as a preset), but when I tried it said file not found in the display window. I am not even sure if this model is capable of this. I am not able to find out much info on the internet about this model.  Also it appears to have a user bank that can store pre sets, but I am not sure how to save them. My user guide does not seem to be for this model only and therefore some of the commands are not applicable. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Ken 

Here is the Casio page for the PX350M manual.

http://support.casio.com/manualfile.php?rgn=5&cid=008009151

This Casio is not capable of editing, saving or downloading (installing) edited sounds in the sense that some of the other Casios can, such as the PX5s, the XW-P1 and several others. You have to work with the whatever "tones" are already installed in the PX350. There is a limited type of workaround to modifiy some aspects of the sounds and that is the "presets". A preset is not a new sound that has been edited-study page 28 in the manual which describes what you can do with a preset. This is a user storage bank that lets you store a particular tone with settings for reverb, chorus and a few other variables related to accompaniment settings. You must use the tones already permanently stored in the PX to bring into a preset-but you will not be editing the tone itself, only the settings in the preset related to the tone you store in the preset. The thumb drive is only able to save and load songs you create, either with the song sequencer (17 tracks) or as a midi file (again 17 tracks can be used either way. Or you can also record and save your playing as an "audio" file using the "audio" recorder functions-not the "song recorder". but whatever you do, you have to use the "tones" already in the PX350. There is no way to modify, add or delete those factory tones. Hope this helps. Not a bad board, providing you can accept some of its limitations.

Music

Thank you so much for all of the info. It is very helpful. I will not spend anymore time trying to change things that I can't. At least now I know how it all works! I will keep my eyes open for something that I can download tones to as we do a variety of genres and need some specific tones in order to match the song we are covering.

Thanks again!

Ken

• 1 month later...