Video Files on Forum ×

Access Non GM patches over midi

stuartr

Hi 

Can someone please help me with something that must be pretty obvious to do but for the life of me I cant get this to work. 

Im trying to access the NON GM patches on my privia over midi. However I seem to only be able to access the standard GM patch lists. 

Im using SONAR if this helps. 

Stuart

• 1 month later...

You must program in the correct bank change number first and program change number next. My PX350 is designed the same way, I have a post about this somewhere around here. If you don't,  sequencers or DAWs call up the standard GM bank change number by default if there is no bank change number programmed into your sequencer track. The PX series as far as I know, all use extended bank change numbers to access any of the sound variations beyond the standard GM soundset. You need  a midi implementation chart which I just discovered doesn't exist (yet-hello Mike Martin we need your help!).  Try this-if you have a Windows machine, download Midiox and install it. small program, very useful for us midiacs....after you learn how it works (might take a bit of studying) when you connect the PX to the computer, Midiox will show in real time all the midi data being sent out the midi port-including program change, bank change, velocity and other stuff (any secret codes you stored in the px will not show up I tested it 🤤:hitt:  You should see individual bank change messages for each piano variation, eps, organs etc. The tedious part is programming each bank change manually into each sequencer track, I am not familiar with sonar so I don't know how this is accomplished, but I've done it with my "Jazz" midi sequencer and it does work. You might want to download the older px350 midi implementation chart and compare that to the messages you get from the PX560. If you care to bother, post back here and let us know, since there are at least a few PX560 owners that might be glad to know this, including mooohaha me.  Hope this solves your dilemma.

Jokeyman :taz:

PS-the best emojis are at the bottom......I think that's worth passing on

I stand corrected....I had not found this listed before, checking again today, I found this....here is the PX560 midi implementation chart, along with the manual and appendix download (good thing, I thought I might be missing my appendix too).

http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008017041

I am either missing some brain cells, or else Casio just saw this post and decided to post this......The universe works in mysterious ways (or I am simply missing brain cells). :waaah: