Video Files on Forum ×

Arpeggiator-sync

striggi28

Hi everyone, I have some questions about Arpeggiator-sync

I have 4 zones not overlapping, each zone with arpeggio enabled. The arpeggios do not syncronize, yes they are same tempo but the arpeggio always starts on key-down so if I am not exactly in time then no syncro at all.

If I start a phrase or a song, same thing, the arpeggiator does not syncronize at all (always same tempo but starts on key-down).

Is there a way to have all the the arpeggiator syncronized? Not on kwy-down, maybe linked to a master track, song, phrase, another arpeggio holding?

Any ideas?
Thanks

I had something similar a while back and found sync of arp and phrases happened when you toggle or 

momentary the arpeggio with the pedals which could be set in the common menu of a stage setting.

I think there is an order what go's first and it might be the arpeggio this sync with all arpeggio and the phrases.   

Thanks for your reply!

I set the 2nd pedal with Arp HoldOn/Off (toggle or momentary is the same)

Only 1 Zone: you play and on "key on" the arpeggio starts and you can change  notes in syncro => OK it works!

2 zones not overlapping: zone 1 with arpeggio enabled, zone 2 with phrase enabled. The arpeggio/phrase starts on "key on" so if you are not exactly in time you got 2 different rhythm not in syncro BUT if you change the note as you like then the notes in zone 1 stay in syncro with the arpeggio and notes in zone 2 stay in syncro with the phrase.
If at least 1 note in the zones overlap then you can start playing this note so the arpeggio and the phrase starts in syncro and then you can succesfully change notes in syncro.

One problem still remain... you can't stop one zone, you have always the arpeggio and the phrase keep going. Both plays or both stops.

It's like every zone is disconnected with the other, different flows. I'd like a main clock for the Stage Setting and not for the single zone.
(I hope my english is clear)

• Like 1

You can stop a zone by turning the zone off.  The arpeggiator will remain running in the background and stay in sync when you turn the zone back on.  Use a slider or the zone buttons to do that.  You can also enable arpeggio hold by pressing the two buttons labeled "hold" without needing a pedal.  

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

You can stop a zone by turning the zone off.  The arpeggiator will remain running in the background and stay in sync when you turn the zone back on.  Use a slider or the zone buttons to do that.  You can also enable arpeggio hold by pressing the two buttons labeled "hold" without needing a pedal.  

Useful but yet not practical, We want to establish full sync and in a weird way sync happens only with the pedal assigned to arppegio.

Sadly hold won't keep the sync going the pedal does this in a forceful way.

I've been pondering a better way on and off for a whole zones sync like Striggi28 said is fully correct you can't separate the zones 

each either they all do it  when you press the pedal , But when you've triggered them by pedal over again even on hold one of them 

if one zone falls out the sync, the others bout to fall out also. Its an all to one or nothing situation. 

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

:idk:

Ummm let see, The pedal does a forced sync when you press it to start with.

Whatever you  might do else during that the wanted sync happens with the pedal ones you pressed it.

Changing the performance behavior during that changes that sync effect. 

There are actually two sync's one when you press the key's and the assigned arpeggio's play from all zones,

And the other with the pedal where you can hear it play's exactly cycle or time correct

So you have to press it every time for that perfect nice sync effect.

Thus Zone 1 to 4 don't necessarily sync tight or hard what ever it's called desirably with the key's.

What is you had two identical stage settings and you switch between the two to control the syncing?  Assumingly as soon as you switch to one or the other, the start position of the phrase and arpeggio's go back to zero.  I haven't tested this so I have no idea if it would work.

...I might not understand the original question.