Video Files on Forum ×

"No Devices Connected"

SteveK

I have a CGP-700.  I like it and after a couple years I've decided to think about doing some midi stuff.  I have a windows 7 computer 64bit. I've downloaded a midi program called Reaper.   I downloaded drivers from the Casio site.  I've tried 3 different zip files and have run them:

CCUSBX64_INST

CCMID12_INST

CASIO_XW-DJ1_Driver_2_26

I am connecting a USB cable from my laptop to the CGP-700.  I get the standard USB two note connection sound when I plug in the USB cable, but when I open the Casio Control Panel in the windows tool tray it has one tab that is for USB Audio Device and it says "No devices connected".   I've tried different USB ports on my laptop just in case it has to do with some port compatibility or something, but that doesn't make a difference.   What should I try next?

Is there anything I need to do on the CGP-700?  It doesn't mention anything in the Casio manual.

The CGP-700 is class complaint so it should be fine with any computer or device that is. I'm not a Windows person so I don't know what you might need to do, if anything, with that platform. I just know it should be plug and play on Mac and iOS.

Someone here should be able to help you. One thing you might try is MIDIOX, which should show you if your computer can see the MIDI data from your keyboard.

Oh... you didn't need to download drivers.  It will work fine on Windows. Just plug and play.   One thing to note, Casio does not do audio over USB.  It's strictly for MIDI.  So don't expect anything that's meant for audio to work. Now, in Reaper you should see a MIDI preferences menu somewhere that will select CasioUSBMIDI as input and output.  Select that and you should be golden.  Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Oh... you didn't need to download drivers.  It will work fine on Windows. Just plug and play.   One thing to note, Casio does not do audio over USB.  It's strictly for MIDI.  So don't expect anything that's meant for audio to work. Now, in Reaper you should see a MIDI preferences menu somewhere that will select CasioUSBMIDI as input and output.  Select that and you should be golden.  Enjoy!

Should I delete the Casio driver that I installed that is listed under Sound video and game controllers?

image.png.9d15cb03d482fce055a57cc2de4e9d95.png

I want to use Reaper to record the midi info from the CGP-700 on to a track in Reaper. I also want to play that midi info back into the CGP-700 and hear it from the speakers of the piano with the tone generation that the CGP does.  I also want to eventually get some extra sounds and load them into Reaper and have those sounds come out the speakers of the piano whether they are played back from a recorded midi track or played live. 

image.png

• 2 years later...