Video Files on Forum ×

Got myself an MZ-X300!

TheBradge

I could buy a new in box MZ-X300 for the price of a CT-X800, so of course i did that today!

And well, i'm a bit overwhelmed in places, the machine looks incredible, it sounds really good, the speakers are fantastic, the touchscreen is REALLY intuitive! And it's just a great machine.

But i'm also a tiny bit underwhelmed with a few things..

The touchscreen is great, the OS is, but sometimes it's a bit to sensitive for my taste..

I've already created a style for it:

However, i can't create breaks on the machine? With my Tyros i could easily create breaks, but with the Casio a break is just some silence ? And i can't seem to do anything with that, that's a shame.

Before i forget, is it easy to create your own sounds for it by sampling and putting them together in the Casio Manager thing? And where do i download that..?

Oh and credit is where credit's due, it completely BLOWS AWAY my Tyros when it comes to the realism of some of those Organ sounds and even the guitars sounds pretty great now (Distortion Guitar 6 is my favourite so far)

The definition of "break" in this case is silence.  That's what it's for.   The Sample Manager and everything else for the MZX series is outlined in the pinned post on this forum.  Make sure your firmware is updated and install all of the available expansion content from Casio's site. 

New MZ-X300 owner here as well. Was looking at CTX line first, but the price and features favored this one. At the moment I'm also overwhelmed, but there are at least some German tutorials with subtitles in Youtube. But don't get me wrong, this is a good feeling, warm and fuzzy.

I've used midi keyboards with DAWs previously, so it's surprising what you can do with this without a computer. My previous "arranger" is some Yamaha from 90s. Quite a difference I'd say. It seems there's quite a bit of user created content for this keyboard. That is something I'm looking into next.