Video Files on Forum ×

Transfering PX 360 music from Midi to USB

JoeF

Hello people! Newbie here. I recently learned how to use MIDI recording on the PX 360 and transfer it to USB. USB was only able to hold one full song with multiple tracks; the second composition cut out after only 25 seconds. Did I do something wrong? Would like to put several compositions onto the USB. The USB I'm using is 64 gb. Thanks all!

Need a bit more detailed description. When you say transfer to USB, do you mean to a computer through the USB connection, or to your USB thumb drive? Since a midi file uses very little data (you should be able to store thousands of midi files to a 64GB thumb drive) something is wrong. Did you format the thumb drive with Windows? And does Windows show the full 64GB size drive when connected to your computer? Which version of the operating system are you using? And make sure you are clear whether you are recording using the "song recorder" and not the "audio recorder"-the audio recorder automatically records to the thumb drive-but you still should be able to record many audio recorder files on the drive before it fills up. And is the thumb drive (if that is what you are using) mounted? If the PX360 hasn't correctly mounted the drive, this could be the result. Unplug the drive and reinsert it and see if you get the proper indications. I think the PX360 has a screen prompt to tell you if the thumb drive is mounted-my drive has its own indicator light that flashes while the drive is mounted and i have to wait until it stops flashing to be sure its done. I'll have to check myself.