Video Files on Forum ×

Request for more videos

ERCANI

Last week I was looking at XPS-30 and Kross 2 videos but this week I found myself watching CT-X videos (I mean many of them)

and now I am on CT-X3000 as a result (there is sthg really interesting with AiX chip, thumbs up so far)

Now for CT-X3000 / CT-X5000 I have two requests from Casio TEAM 

-Detailed Tone Edit course video (ie: one showing how electric guitar tone edit has been done in Mike's video)

(especially nylon string-acoustic guitar sounds are one of the weakest points of tha chain in synths-keys so will be glad if we learn how to improve those)

-Detailed MIDI sequencer video (starting with a basic rhytm to a more advanced arrangement)

Thanks again for this "jump" in the design and performance level

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:24 AM, ERCANI said:

Last week I was looking at XPS-30 and Kross 2 videos but this week I found myself watching CT-X videos (I mean many of them)

and now I am on CT-X3000 as a result (there is sthg really interesting with AiX chip, thumbs up so far)

Now for CT-X3000 / CT-X5000 I have two requests from Casio TEAM 

-Detailed Tone Edit course video (ie: one showing how electric guitar tone edit has been done in Mike's video)

(especially nylon string-acoustic guitar sounds are one of the weakest points of tha chain in synths-keys so will be glad if we learn how to improve those)

-Detailed MIDI sequencer video (starting with a basic rhytm to a more advanced arrangement)

Thanks again for this "jump" in the design and performance level

There is also a need for a detailed video about how to do MIDI Multitrack Recording on the CT-X5000.

The "manual" is stone-cold useless for this because all it tells you, is how to record something that goes somewhere, for the FIRST track, but then you don't know where to go for tracks 2-16.

And the precious few video tutorials on youtube, are done by people who are so anxious to dazzle us with their "musical talent" that they forget to SHOW us which buttons we need to press in order to get to where we need to be.

Here's a prime example:

1 hour ago, skyy38 said:

The "manual" is stone-cold useless for this because all it tells you, is how to record something that goes somewhere, for the FIRST track, but then you don't know where to go for tracks 2-16.

System track is only 1 track.  Solo tracks are 1-16.  Use the instructions for selecting solo tracks on page EN-92 Step 4 "Select the solo track to which you want to record".  

Screenshot_2018-11-15-23-19-34.png

I can assure you that new video guides are in the works. Specifically, the CT-X 3000/5000 Rhythm Creator is going to get a long, in-depth tutorial video by the end of the month. This video guide will be supplemented by a written guide on these forums about how to import User Rhythms you created using other hardware/software, which will primarily be aimed at X700/800 users but also users who just prefer composing MIDI sequences in their DAW instead of using the onboard rhythm creator. The written guide should be up next week, so stay tuned for that.

It's a very busy time of year for us given all the preparations involved with the pre-holiday season, so please bear with us. There should be a more steady flow of content in December and onward.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 9:06 PM, Chandler Holloway said:

I can assure you that new video guides are in the works. Specifically, the CT-X 3000/5000 Rhythm Creator is going to get a long, in-depth tutorial video by the end of the month. This video guide will be supplemented by a written guide on these forums about how to import User Rhythms you created using other hardware/software, which will primarily be aimed at X700/800 users but also users who just prefer composing MIDI sequences in their DAW instead of using the onboard rhythm creator. The written guide should be up next week, so stay tuned for that.

It's a very busy time of year for us given all the preparations involved with the pre-holiday season, so please bear with us. There should be a more steady flow of content in December and onward.

Hi Chandler, using this video guide, will it be possible to create from scratch personal rhythms for the CT-X700/800 with the correct mapping of voices, i.e., to create rhythms which will use the “higher end” voices of the keyboard instead of the GM voices, which are of lesser quality, but ar always being used by default in existing rhythms, probably to address compatibility issues?

By the way, since I am at that, it would be great to have a “remapping tutorial” in order to know how to convert rhythms meant for older keyboards to sound at their best for the CT-X700/800.

Regards.

4 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi Chandler, using this video guide, will it be possible to create from scratch personal rhythms for the CT-X700/800 with the correct mapping of voices, i.e., to create rhythms which will use the “higher end” voices of the keyboard instead of the GM voices, which are of lesser quality, but ar always being used by default in existing rhythms, probably to address compatibility issues?

By the way, since I am at that, it would be great to have a “remapping tutorial” in order to know how to convert rhythms meant for older keyboards to sound at their best for the CT-X700/800.

Regards.

Yes. It's a full reference manual, so it'll begin with some general information about MIDI and voice assignments, then talk about the structural components of User Rhythms to finish up the background info.

Later, there are three sections that will specifically deal with how to use the IDES converter software, which are probably what you're most interested in. They'll cover creating a MIDI sequence from scratch to be converted, taking an existing MIDI sequence and modifying it to be converted, and importing old CKF Rythms into the IDES converter and updating them with new voice assignments for the X700/800.

It was supposed to go up sometime this week, but things have been so busy at HQ with the pre-holiday rush that they haven't had time to fully review the draft I've submitted. All the content is written, at this point it's just proofreading and revising. I'll make sure to let you know as soon as I post it, hopefully it'll be very soon!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...