Video Files on Forum ×

Saving Stage Settings

Kodachrome

At the risk of annoying everyone with these dumb questions, here goes. I understand how to pull tones into a homemade stage setting, using some or all of the 4 zones to create the sound. The video tutorial explains how to set a target location for the newly created stage setting, using Knob 2. However it seems to only allow you to select 0-0 for example. Are we able to load this sound into say slot 025, or 030, or wherever within the 0-0 bank?  I seem to be missing something at this point in the saving process. I'll keep scouring the available resources for clues but any input would be much appreciated (again). Thanks...

Yup, gone through the videos ad nauseum. I think I finally understand that each bank, say 0-0, is its own stage setting. I was thinking that the unused locations within each bank were meant to save any stage setting. For example after 020 or thereabouts in the piano bank there are no further piano sounds, just the same concert grand tone available. I had thought that this is where the stage settings were loaded into and that the first 20 or so tones always stayed within the stage setting. (Whew - hope that makes sense). Anyway, I think I'm on track now.

Curious - when I saved my first stage setting to the 0-0 bank, it also saved these settings including the re-named title to the tone section (left side of keyboard) for piano sounds. I don't grasp why that happens but hope it will eventually make sense. Had to manually adjust them back to normal.