Video Files on Forum ×

Distortion with my Piano Sound I created

Andre Lever

Hello!

I have a problem with a piano sound I created for my PX5.

You can find it here:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1161-steinway-d-with-different-eq-settings/

I get a lot distortion since yesterday, I also tried another monitor! Still there..

Maybe its too loud for my monitors?

Must be inside the unit, because It does not matter in which position the the master volume knob ist...

Can you help me?

Thanks and greetings,

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Stage settings have a number of freezable parameters located under system settings>stage setting filters.  If a filter is on, it freezes the settings.  Factory default freezes the master compressor settings. Everything else is free to change as stage settings change, including master EQ.  To reset master compressor and EQ to default, go through each setting and press both +- buttons at the same time.  That will probably fix the distortion.

I tried the +- thing...nothing changed.  Also, I see I have compressor filter on but nothing else...just like the factory default.  I guess it's the EQ causing the distortion problem.  That said, is there another was to restore factory defaults for compressor and EQ if the +- isn't working?  Would just like to know what the default settings are so I can start fresh...thanks.

OK Brad, that worked thanks!  I now froze the master EQ settings too.  Now I need to figure the rest of my system out.  I'm in a new band and purchased a SpaceStation so I'm trying to get back up to speed on programming settings for the songs (much less learn parts) and I'm getting frustrated with the relative levels between and within settings and then the tone I'm getting out of the SpaceStation….and of course this distortion issue which has three possible sources as I have a mixer in between the PX 5S and the SpaceStation to allow my NE4 and guitar to run into the SSV3 too.  I know the SSV3 is better with a hot input so I've been trying to push the signal a bit....guess the mixer is the best place to do that.  I think I'm getting to old for all these moving parts....