Video Files on Forum ×

big void in my knowledge

igor

1.thumb.JPG.567651f3227444f46d99c38ca12ff3cc.JPG

Please  excuse me for my big ignorance, but i have not yet understood the utility of the window  shown in picture 1, and then, the following picture 2. when i select "monitor" - i suppose it is a big utility to fill up and increase the power of what is being played, but i don't understand how does it work - does anybody can explain to me ALL its potentiality?

2.JPG

Since you brought this up...now I'm gonna complain!  The track name data never seems to save when editing a MIDI file on a computer.  I know there are specific meta data tags that get stored in the MIDI file header which is supposed to store the track name data, but it NEVER retains it.  ARGGGGGHHH!!!!  You name it in the MZ-X and then edit it on a computer...track names GONE!!  The same is true in reverse, name it on the computer, open it in the MZ-X...again track names GONE!!!

Am I missing something here?

5 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

That is the MIDI recorder.  It's a 16+1 track sequencer.  Each track allows you to record keyboard play.  The monitor screen allows you to mute and solo tracks when you play back your recording.  

ok, BUT, which are the realistic applications fields of it? if i want to record a midifile, i can do it with a daw- As the midi recorder is in the SUBMENU of a rithm,  i supposed that each rithm can be integrated by a specific midifile that i can build , in order to support the song i'm playng now - but neither the ralph maten video about it gives a clear explication of the ways to use it.

To Corey, I'm 99% certain the MZ series stores track names as proprietary data.  Unfortunately, that means the names won't work in DAW software.   

To igor,  the MIDI recorder allows you to sequence a 16 track song entirely within the keyboard itself.  As with previous Casio products, it has an additional 17th "system track" that can be used to record rhythm button presses, any auto accompaniment chords that are played, upper/lower tone performance and more.  

not to hijack the thread but could be time to get rid of proprietary data in this case, I could understand why it might be,

But a work around for some reason may be possible for the software engineers. 

Files like arp, phrase ,hex should be interchangeable PX with PX, XW with XW , CTX with CTX , MZ with MZ as that. 

And midi files read in should fully support meta-data. 

8 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

To Corey, I'm 99% certain the MZ series stores track names as proprietary data.  Unfortunately, that means the names won't work in DAW software.   

To igor,  the MIDI recorder allows you to sequence a 16 track song entirely within the keyboard itself.  As with previous Casio products, it has an additional 17th "system track" that can be used to record rhythm button presses, any auto accompaniment chords that are played, upper/lower tone performance and more.  

ok, but which is its utility , as it seems that the midi recorder and the arranger cannot work together? (it seems that if i have a song played from fhe midirecorder, the arranger itself does not play variations and so on...) so, or one thing or the other, not together, isnt it?

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

System track in the MIDI recorder ties the two together.  You can record rhythm controller button presses, chord changes and more to that track.  It will record pad usage as well.

thanks, Brad, but in order to record a track, is it possible to fix its lenght in advance? And LOOP it, or am i always obliged to press stop at the end (for example at the right fourth tick of the fourth beat? i did not find it on the manual-

2 - i was not able to record pad sounds on a track'?!?!?!?!?

On 7/12/2018 at 5:24 PM, Brad Saucier said:

That would explain it!  I wonder, if in a future update that could be changed to use the more standardized MIDI meta data, then it would (most likely) be compatible with most DAW or sequence software packages.

So, the System Track can record all the variations saved in the Pattern Sequencer?

This way you do not have to press a chord for playback of pattern sequencer. Once you record the Pattern Sequencer to the System Track, you can continue to build compositions using the 16 track midi recorder that would also playback the System Track for building songs???