Video Files on Forum ×

Pad phrase question

CasioCTK
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Hello,
I have problem with pad phrases. I want to save pad phrase with baritone sax tone which will be played during my normal playing accordion tone. When I choose Phrase Tone Enable, upper 1 tone immediately changes to baritone sax after tapping pad. If I choose Phrase Tone Disable, pad sound is accordion instead of baritone sax. What have I to do to get from pad every time that recorded tone regardless of my currently chosen upper 1 tone?

• Solution

Okay, gotcha. I was just making sure. Here's what's happening.  That pad phrase is currently set up to playback through mixer port A, part 1.  Upper 1 keyboard play is also set up to use mixer port A, part 1.  A single part can only play one tone at a time, not two.  What we need to do is change what part the pad phrase is using.  You can go into pad part settings and change the assignment.  Choose a mixer part you are not using for any other tones.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, Brad. It looks like part 6 or 7 (not used for anything else) could be used for that purpose. I'll try it.

And one more question: What does mean Group (Off, 1 - 8 ) and how to set it in pad edit settings?

Edited by CasioCTK
typo

• 5 years later...
On 7/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, CasioCTK said:

Hello,
I have problem with pad phrases. I want to save pad phrase with baritone sax tone which will be played during my normal playing accordion tone. When I choose Phrase Tone Enable, upper 1 tone immediately changes to baritone sax after tapping pad. If I choose Phrase Tone Disable, pad sound is accordion instead of baritone sax. What have I to do to get from pad every time that recorded tone regardless of my currently chosen upper 1 tone?

Look for settings that let you choose the pad tone separately from the upper 1 tone. If available, select the baritone saxophone tone for the pad and save the setting. If not, consult the user manual or customer support for guidance.