Video Files on Forum ×

My new CT-X5000

I'm still exploring the CT-X5000.  One of the cool things is how DSP* works.  It's capable of DSP on 3 tones at once, but that's not the best part.  The best part, each tone can have up to 4 effects at once.  These are wrapped up in preset chains of effects simply called "DSP".  There is a very long list of preset DSP's that range from those with just a single effect in the chain to those with all 4.  Each block in the chain can be edited individually or can be bypassed completely.  An example of a chain is "Tone control>Tone Control>Tone Control".  Tone control is a 3 band parametric EQ.  So this effect has three 3-band parametric EQ's in a row, really really strong sound shaping tool there.  Another one is "Distortion>Reflection".  That is a distortion effect with amp simulation running into an early reflection effect, adds that extra bit of realism that was missing from distortion alone.  Much more to explore so I'll have to post again when I get further along. 

*DSP is a special effect on a single tone unlike system effects which can apply to all tones at once. System effects are reverb, chorus, delay.

• Like 1

I can see that I'm not alone. I have had my CT-X5000 for almost 6 weeks. I am really jacked about the sounds that new aix chips puts out.  I got mine for about $100 less than asking price.....supposedly a flaw....only the box was flawed.  Great sounds....I just wished there were a better selection of rhythms that fit my oldies regiment. Oh, well!  You can't always have your cake and eat it too. Bang for the buck.....top of the pack!! I put my Korg in the closet!

• Like 1

That was new to me too.  The manual says examination mode changes operation of the keyboard to provide support for taking a musical instrument graded test.

Accompaniment Pattern Operations:

If the instrument is in synchro start standby while ACCOMP is off, a rhythm will start when you play something anywhere on the keyboard.

Rhythms will not start while a rhythm is stopped, even if you press INTRO, VARIATION/FILL or ENDING/SYNCHRO START. Instead, a

pattern becomes selected and the corresponding indicators flash on the display.

Pressing VARIATION/FILL-IN 1 while an accompaniment pattern’s intro is sounding immediately sounds a fill-in and sounds the variation that corresponds to the button that was pressed.

Pressing a VARIATION/FILL-IN button while another variation is playing immediately switches variations, even part way through a measure.

The registration function saves the accompaniment pattern selection status.

Split Point Settings:

The correspondence between note numbers and note names is Note Number 60 = C3. (C4 when Examination Mode is turned off.)

For the split point, lower point, and chord point, you press a keyboard key to specify the upper limit of the LOWER part keyboard (or accompaniment keyboard) in the Examination Mode.