Video Files on Forum ×

Limitation when programming hex layers

Jokeyman123

Just came across a bit of a glitch when editing hex layers-at least on my PX560.  Randomly, the PX locks up for 5-10 seconds, then resumes normal operation when I am doing alot of editing work-editing 3-4 layers at a time. doesn't lose my work, just seems to stop momentarily and goes back to whatever step I was working on. Guess I found a limitation to the processor (CPU) or the built-in flash memory. Anyone else seeing this? Not a big problem, but it does slow me down a bit when editing.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a PX-560 yesterday (have had the PX-5S for about 3 weeks); while messing around with creating a new Hex layer, I noticed the same. Sometimes the touch screen wouldn't respond for a few seconds when I tried to choose a tone. Glad to know it wasn't just me!

is there a firmware update for this keyboard yet?

The most recent formware for the PX560 is version 1.15 which I have installed. AlenK here suggested this may be a limitation of the buffer memory required to store data while being edited. If I stay with editing one tone at a time in a hex layer, rather than several across a few layers which I do when moving envelopes around, it seems to prevent this. I'm not sure if earlier firmware versions did not have that problem, I can't revert back to earlier firmware once itas installed.