Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X Series Arpeggiator Advanced Tutorial

Hello CT-X users! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I recently began working for Casio's musical instrument division as a marketing rep in Austin, Texas. I've had my hands on the CT-X3000 for a while now, and while the crisp AiX sounds are a joy to work with (60's EPiano fans unite), I think the newly retooled arpeggiator section is the most exciting part of the CT-X series. In my doodling and dabbling I've found some cool advanced tricks that have really helped me maximize the arpeggiator's potential, so I figured I'd make a detailed tutorial to share some tips with you guys. You can find it on our YouTube channel here.

Please feel free to use me as a resource if you have any questions on advanced CT-X functionality. If you've got any requests for future CT-X series tutorials, I'm always open to suggestions. I think my next guide will cover how to use User Tones to make more complex drum kits, so stay tuned for that!

• Like 2

Yes, a very solid video. Well done. I watched the whole thing and I don't even own a CT-X. 

Interesting that phrases (for pads) can record arpeggios. Brad, can the MZ-X500 do that? I only know for certain that the XW-P1 can't. (But on the XW-P1 phrases can be arpeggiated, which is its own kind of fun.) Of course, the XW-P1, XW-G1, MZ-X models and the PX-5S allow user-programmed arpeggios. And the PX-5S can play four real arpeggios at once, not just four recordings of arpeggios. So far, every Casio generation of instruments seems to handle arpeggios differently. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hello :)

i have the ct-x700.

I can't figure out how to turn the arpeggiator on.

Manual says "press 17 a.harp/arpeg. to turn on arpeggiator."

Pressing 17 a.harp/arpeg. only turns the light on and off for auto harmonizer, arpeggiator wont turn on.

Please tell me i am missing something :)

These photos are blurry, but they should help me explain, and the result will help you with other functions as well.  

On the front panel is a legend describing the press and hold symbol.  Any button with that symbol will have a second function if the button is held for a second.  

Satellite~4.jpg

The A.HAR/ARPEG. button is labeled as Auto Harmonize slash Arpeggiator.  It shows the press and hold symbol as TYPE.  This means holding the button will select which type of function you want to use the button for.  

Satellite~5.jpg

• Like 1