Video Files on Forum ×

blank screen the update

so tonight, yes it is 2018, I decide to get into my xwp1 and practice. I then decide to check on new sounds so I see updates oh I can doo that. I then plug in and download the xwp1 updater and plug in my usb and im thinking its not working it asks me to plug in I secure the usb plug and then it says erasing data ...I panic try to stop and then unplug it.

now I read about this brick thing. I have bricked my xwp1 because I was trying to update it. dam it. I am in Canada and I bought this from amazon. a few years back.

do I have to send it to the us again to get it to be re created.

UGH 

I can't believe they let us do this to ourselves.... ugh ugh ugh

no I panicked as it was erasing everything . I unplugged it. I thought I started the program wrong and somehow started a erase instead of a upgrade, somehow I think now it erases then uploads the new firmware. eek I am trying to find a local repair tech to see if I can get this redone.  I can't believe this happened. I must say this is a cool synth but I will never update a firmware again without supervision . what a disaster.