Video Files on Forum ×

Assigning samples to pads

anotherscott

Can anyone summarize how to assign some short samples to pads, by playing them in from the Line input? I can record onto one pad, but it seems that when I try to assign something to a second pad, it forgets what I did on the first. And also, even though I name/write the sound, it's gone when I reboot. The manual instructions seem incomplete (Recording a Sampled Sound on page EN-36 and the Save instructions on EN-37),  I must be missing some steps. Also, I saw a post where someone said they assigned samples to pads by importing WAVs from a USB stick, that would be good too. Probably better, really. But I didn't see that in the manual at all. Is there any documentation or videos on any of this?

p.s. - once assigned, I'd like the sample to play through to the end every time I hit the pad (without holding it)

See page en-34 and en-35 in the basics manual for changing pad function, changing pad settings and saving a pad bank.    That should cover it.  Be sure to select user data, samples in step 3 below.  Configure all pads and settings then save as a pad bank.  Pad banks can then be saved in registrations.  Each registration can recall entirely different pad setups due to that feature, among all other things registrations store.  

Screenshot_2018-08-13-08-08-36.png