Video Files on Forum ×

casio wk 6600

There are posts here about the midi connections from USB to standard DIN connections. If you are able to use a computer (you have a soundcard so i guess that is one solution)-you connect the WK to the computer using a standard computer usb cable. Then you will have to connect the computer to the DIN ports with the many USB/midi DIN cable adapters available. You will need a minimum of 2 computer usb ports of course. It can get complicated this way as you need to make sure operating system drivers will install for the 2nd cable, usually OK, but then you will need software to enable the 2 cables to interface between your WK and DIN equipment-you are using the computer as a "translator" or "passthrough" connection in order to get the 2 different midi devices to communicate with each other. Just connecting everything together may or may not work. There are specific software programs in the Windows operating syatem world for this such as "midiox" which I have used successfully, there are others programs too.

If this sounds too complicated, instead you can get a "Midi host box"-an adapter that allows you to connect a standard USB computer cable to that, then it has a connector to connect a standard midi "DIN" cable to your midi DIN connector in whatever you are using. There are only 3 companies that I am aware of that manufacture these that work-Kenton, Midiplus and a company in China who lists no name. There is a companylocated in Spain called SevillaSoft that also makes one, looks pretty high quality too. No ebay listing but I've been on their website and their price even shipped overseas is pretty competitive with the others here. Do not try the Keith McMillan host box, it only works with his dedicated equipment. and I'm not sure but I think the iconnectivity boxes are not real host boxes-these may still need a computer connected.

Here is an ebay listing for the Kenton.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenton-Electronics-MIDI-USB-Host-INTERFACE-NEW-PERFECT-CIRCUIT/302444830522?epid=1542031109&hash=item466b1ddf3a:g:dRsAAOSwyLFZueO3

Here is the Midiplus....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/midiplus-USB-MIDI-Host-Controller/302827091916?epid=20011641183&hash=item4681e6b7cc:g:kAsAAOSwjW5bYSxJ

Here is a Chinese brand-not sure if this one works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDI-USB-DIN-Converter-Host-Board-Module-Real-MIDI-Out-Port-Controller-Keyboard/282667096789?hash=item41d0459ad5%3Am%3AmsLMrH8V4avalPD0N8GSMrA&var=581878095779