Video Files on Forum ×

Key hold function?

Dave Jones

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query ,it's much appreciated. I am aware of the sustain button and use it quite a lot. I am using the mzx500 as the work station / amplifier/recording device for my network of analog and digital synthesizers. They all have a "key hold" function which is useful when using more than two machines at the same time. Also useful when using arpeggios, background  drones and noise effects. Anyway thanks again for your input . Much appreciated.

Edited by Dave Jones
Grammar

On 9/10/2018 at 7:06 AM, Dave Jones said:

my network of analog and digital synthesizers. They all have a "key hold" function 

I'm not familiar with a function called "key hold" though it sounds kind of like you're talking about a sustain pedal. If that's not what you mean, what is it exactly, and what are those analog and digital synths that have it?

On 9/12/2018 at 6:00 PM, anotherscott said:

I'm not familiar with a function called "key hold" though it sounds kind of like you're talking about a sustain pedal. If that's not what you mean, what is it exactly, and what are those analog and digital synths that have it?

Hi, the key hold button means that the next note/chord/arpeggio played plays continually until another note is played leaving your hands free to use other instruments. My other main instruments are a Roland jdxi a Roland GAIA and a triggering keyboard that plays (via midi)  using the soundcard of any of the instruments. Sorry if I haven't described that very well. 

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Hi, the key hold button means that the next note/chord/arpeggio played plays continually until another note is played leaving your hands free to use other instruments. My other main instruments are a Roland jdxi a Roland GAIA and a triggering keyboard that plays (via midi)  using the soundcard of any of the instruments. Sorry if I haven't described that very well. 

See my post above.  It's called arpeggiator hold on Casio products.

• 4 weeks later...