Beach Boys - All Summer Long

Tsquare

This was made using (5) MIDI tracks on a PX-560:

1. Piano + EP (layered)
  2. Marimba
  3. Steel Drum
  4. Celeste
  5. Sax

Not perfect, but there comes a point in recording tracks over & over seeking perfection that quickly turns from fun to drudgery, Ha.  I could fix things in a MIDI editor software, but I'm a purist who considers that "cheating".  Besides, who wants to fiddle with software versus actual playing.  I may tackle the monster.............Good Vibrations in the future.  Just have to come up with a realistic theremin tone  maybe by editing hex layers and using pitch wheel.  Has anyone created a theremin tone that will work on a PX560?

All Summer Long.mp3 

I'm having the same problem with the link that goes nowhere, and using Video Downloader gave me essentially an empty file.  I don't know what the problem is...  I use Firefox and I've been able to hear other recordings.

On another topic, I empathize with your suggestion that using tech to improve a sound is akin to "cheating", but when I think about it more, I don't agree, depending on what your objective is.  If your objective is to create a recording that sounds as good as it gets, to be enjoyed while listening, I don't see that using tools, whether it's a regular piano, a keyboard, a MIDI whatever, is "cheating"...  If your objective is to capture a, say, live recording of some performance, then I would agree...  I don't know, because I don't know enough about the advanced features of my keyboard to do much with them, but I'd like to learn more and play with those features.

It's a browser issue, because I was able to listen to it using Chrome...  Anyway, that was very nice!!!  Very interesting sound...  I'm not too familiar with the Beach Boys (was never a fan), so I'm not familiar with the tune.  I looked it up in Amazon to hear the orig version.  Congrats!

I think that tech is just a tool, like a brush with camel hair for painting as well as pixels on a display screen...  Same with sound.  Whatever your objective is... 

Theremin-try using some simple sine waves-maybe all we need-I've been trying to do the same-needs alot of vibrato and portamento since the pitch varies like a slide whistle, another sound I've been trying to copy-not easy. Sort of like the pan flute sounds but cleaner. Also kazoo-I've never been able to get that kazoo sound with anything but a kazoo-needs vocal formants to get it right-like a harmonica from the twilight zone.