Video Files on Forum ×

Soft case for mz-x500

Rudolph R-N R

Hey, looking for a soft case for my MZ-X500.  Have been scouring the web for this and it’s hard to find one that’ll fit.  The dimensions of the MZ are:

37.4" W x 15.7" D x 5.9" H.  Very few are that high and that deep.  Don’t need wheels!

Must haves:

- reasonably thick padding

- shoulder or backpack straps

- decent ratings, many bags fail quickly because of zippers, mesh outer pockets, etc.

Would like to have:

- Under $100

- Internal straps to hold the keyboard in place if the bag is a little oversized

Thanks, Randy

Very cool Casiokid!  A cardboard case is perfect for a lightweight extra layer of protection!

Did you duct tape that box together?  And what keyboard bag is that???  Hopefully we’ll have the same in the US.

Yeah, as much as I like the X500, the plastic construction leaves a lot to be desired.  It has relatively flimsy pieces around the outside lower edges, and so far i’ve managed to break two small pieces along the front and back edges.  And of course with the raised controls including the display, it’s all the more vulnerable.

Randy

Casiokid,,

Thanks again.  The bag looks well made, good reviews, 3/4” padding, good size pouches, carrying handles that can be made long enough to carry around your head/shoulder. And a great price!

It must be coming from Europe though (I’m in the US).  I was in the process of ordering it and saw that the shipping is more than the bag costs!  Still at $67 with shipping it might be the best I can find.  

Anyone else???

Randy

Mullhull

Thanks for trying but those links don’t work.  If you copy and paste either one here’s the true web address that comes up:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1939

I went to eBay and did a search, didn’t find these bags using search from the url description.

Randy

Try this-I found it by cutting and pasting the product's name in ebay's searchbar. This long link is a direct one to only one of the bags, I found several but this was the best price.

The above urls are only partial web page addresses, not embedded links to a web page, this one is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Musicians-Gear-61-Key-Keyboard-Gig-Bag/132360714110?epid=22024458635&hash=item1ed150377e:g:w~wAAOSwp7RbdnJW