Video Files on Forum ×

Gershwin - Prelude II in C# minor

This is a jazzy piece that took me a long time to "master".  Love Gershwin, hate his key choices!  (5) MIDI tracks consisting of:

1. Slow Swing rhythm on system track
  2. GrPno Concert
  3. AiR E Piano 4
  4. Streo String 1
  5. Velo. Clarinet

Absolutely addicted to the PX-560.  Not a single complaint.  Does everything I need and much more.  My real life job is getting in the way of my obsession, Ha.

Prelude 2.mp3

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, m10538 said:

"Casio...it's not just a keyboard...it's an obsession!" Yeah man!

Sounds like a regular Marketing guy....  Hey, it's catchy, what can I say?

BTW, thanks again for your advice.  I feel like I'm rediscovering the piano, surprising myself along the way...  I'm working on a song standard I like as an exercise, but I'm enjoying my new "freedom".  Not to badmouth the rhythm, because I KNOW it's a tool for composing (for me), but I can really hear the annoying noises on some of my recordings.  I also learned a LOT while working with the rhythm, so no regrets.

2 minutes ago, sergio said:

Sounds like a regular Marketing guy....  Hey, it's catchy, what can I say?

BTW, thanks again for your advice.  I feel like I'm rediscovering the piano, surprising myself along the way...  I'm working on a song standard I like as an exercise, but I'm enjoying my new "freedom".  Not to badmouth the rhythm, because I KNOW it's a tool for composing (for me), but I can really hear the annoying noises on some of my recordings.  I also learned a LOT while working with the rhythm, so no regrets.

Maybe you could tackle some Gershwin or Porter next then, eh?

2 hours ago, m10538 said:

Maybe you could tackle some Gershwin or Porter next then, eh?

Not tried Gershwin songs except fooling around with the piano, but I did try "So In Love" by Porter, but did a horrible job with it.  Nevertheless, I did learn a lot about harmony, because finding his chords was a struggle, as I remember, and I got some bars missing measures, so there you have it...  Still, he was a genius!!!  Love his music!

So In Love.mp3

3 minutes ago, sergio said:

Not tried Gershwin songs except fooling around with the piano, but I did try "So In Love" by Porter, but did a horrible job with it.  Nevertheless, I did learn a lot about harmony, because finding his chords was a struggle, as I remember, and I got some bars missing measures, so there you have it...  Still, he was a genius!!!  Love his music!

So In Love.mp3

First of all you're way too hard on yourself. You're saying that is horrible?! Too bad you can't see my face right now. You crazy baby!!!!!!

Second of all we shouldn't be using Tsquare's thread here for downloading our own music and yakking back and forth I suppose. You should make videos of all your solo piano stuff for YouTube, man!