Video Files on Forum ×

Song Sequencer to PC

Hello experts,

I am a complete rookie in the keyboard world, so forgive me if I should know this :

I have just finished recording a piano/string song in the song sequencer using 3 tracks. I am now trying to load it onto an SD card for transferring it to my laptop. I have formatted the card, loaded the song onto it and downloaded Casio data manager. However when I try and retrieve the song from the card, I get the following picture :  I have tried to click each file and the arrow, but nothing happens. The card and data is there, because I can play the file in media player, but this sounds awful! Can anyone tell me what to do? In rookie language, please 🙂

53E8DC0D-4D48-4444-B93C-32DE802F6016.jpeg

Hello Brad.

Thank you for answering me.

Yes, I would love it if they sounded even remotely like on the keyboard. I followed the Data Manager Manual and apparently I am supposed to drag the files from the SD card window to the PC WAVE files window to convert them, but they just appear like on the picture with a 0 MB and can’t be opened or dragged... Like there is nothing on them...

Okay, let me see if I can break this down. You said you have used the song sequencer.  That is a MIDI recorder, which can save songs as a .MID file. Playing MID files on a computer uses a virtual instrument to generate the sounds. Your Casio is a much better sounding instrument than the virtual one that the media player is using.  

There is also a built-in audio recorder which records whatever is being played on the keyboard, straight to the SD card.  The audio tab in the data manager is simply used to convert audio recordings so that they can play on a computer.   It's not possible to convert song sequencer files to audio files with the data manager.  

Here is what I would do.  Use the built-in audio recorder to record your song sequencer song.  Go ahead and enable recording on the audio recorder, then start playback on the song sequencer.  You'll end up with an audio file on the SD card that you can drag and convert for playback on the computer.