Video Files on Forum ×

Scrolling tones

sanric

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering why it seems impossible to me to scroll down the tones I'm trying to select with the dial or the up/down buttons like every  keyboard I had so far.
Must I always use the touchscreen (which is REALLY far from being receptive)?
Are there any workaronds?

I've been trying to find a product that apparently doesn't exist-unless some DIY engineering is involved-an external alphanumeric keypad possibly operating with a midi connector to input tone numbers directly-as many keyboards do. I seem to recall that there was such a thing years back and I haven't tried connecting another keyboard with a keypad to see if that works as I'm pretty happy with the touchscreen but unless the internal software is programmed to allow the dial or the up/down buttons to change tones all I've done is re-arrange tones in user slots adjacent to each other for faster access.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After playing around with several older keyboards-which always required many keypresses or other controls to get where I want to go sound or operation-wise, I'm re-assessing how good the touchscreen interfsce on the 560 is-certainly well-organized, and like many instruments-if I practice the touchscreen responds very quickly to changes and i would have not trouble arranging my most needed sounds in one of the user banks for instant access. for example-when I played in a cover band for 4 years-oldies, Motown, Liverpool bands, funk and moldy ballads from every time-all I basically needed was a good piano, a few good electric pianos, several decent organs of varying stops, strings, some brass and sax sounds, a flute or similar (California Dreaming) and oboe (Don't Let the sun Catch You Cryin').  A few Moog sounds (did a couple of ELP arrangements) and a sawtooth and square wave sound. Plus marimba (Under My Thumb by the Stones). With 2 keys, always had the one ready, or 2 at once depending. No one keyboard could do what I needed to do-piano and organ on several songs simultaneously and separate string and or piano hooks not layered) but I had to re-arrange everything close together since I had to make instant changes on alot of stuff. The PX560 will make life even easier if I need to be in other cover bands spanning 20-30 years worth of music, not easy. And this did not include all the synth stuff that came later in the 90s-this band mostly covered classic rock and jazz standards once in awhile (for a few weddings we did) but not the most contemporary pop stuff.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:39 AM, sanric said:

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering why it seems impossible to me to scroll down the tones I'm trying to select with the dial or the up/down buttons like every  keyboard I had so far.
Must I always use the touchscreen (which is REALLY far from being receptive)?
Are there any workaronds?

I know what you talking. This is a Casio feature :) (No redundancy)

However, the touch screen is pretty reliable - mine works for 3+ years without problems.