Video Files on Forum ×

TWO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

igor

HI FROM ITALY

1) is it possible to control wawa effect of a single tone by an expression pedal? if yes, how?

2) is it possible to transpose of 1,2 octaves a single instrument in a recorded rihtm?  how, without changing every note in the event edit?  thank you

1) Use a tone with the DSP wah effect.  Go to menu>controllers and configure the expression pedal.  Set target 1 to the DSP parameter which controls the wah frequency.  

2)  You could simply re-record the part using the octave setting to shift the keyboard, or you can use event editing.  Go to event editing and press setting, press note modify setting, touch key shift and adjust to the value you want.  Exit back to the event edit screen.  Go to the first note and press select, use the arrows to select the remaining notes to shift and press select.  Press detail and then key shift.  It will be shifted by the amount specified earlier on the modify screen.  See the screenshots below for how to key shift an event and how to select multiple events.  

Screenshot_2018-11-03-08-42-19.png

Screenshot_2018-11-03-08-42-32.png

On 11/3/2018 at 3:08 PM, igor said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! THANK YOU VERY MUCH BRAD!

ciao Brad! excuse me...  i tried to day to apply wah to an electric piano with the following actions, from your advices(i think):

1 - tone- effect menu - DSP 1 select -  LFO wah (but i tried also with auto wah)

2 - controller menu- pedal 2 type- exp pedal - pedal2 edit -enter - target- wah manual

but nothing happen . i think to have followed your instructions... Do you know what i did wrong?

A couple of details I didn't mention when using LFO Wah, on the tone edit DSP effect page, you'll need to set LFO Depth to 000.  Now when you set the pedal target to manual (should be on page 16/18), the cutoff frequency will be manually controlled by the pedal.  

If that still doesn't work, confirm that your expression pedal is working for other things.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:27 PM, Brad Saucier said:

A couple of details I didn't mention when using LFO Wah, on the tone edit DSP effect page, you'll need to set LFO Depth to 000.  Now when you set the pedal target to manual (should be on page 16/18), the cutoff frequency will be manually controlled by the pedal.  

If that still doesn't work, confirm that your expression pedal is working for other things.

WOW! now all ok , thank you very much Brad!!!

But , after traying a lot , if i have understood well, if i set the pedal2 (expression) to control wah effect, i cannot use it to control distorsion in another tone (becouse it remain set as "manual control" ( of wah) , and it does not turn automatically to "Distortion gain" control as i set it for the other tone... Can i  avoid this problem with REGISTRATION function?

is it possible to use expression pedal to control 2 different effects in the same tone? (DSP 1,2)?