Video Files on Forum ×

4 Month Review of CT-X5000.

RickyLee

There is software to edit the ac7 rhythms-look around at some many of our posts in this forum as to how to do this, but I've had to create these as ckf rhythms first. Many of us have worked very hard at achieving the ability to do this. there is no one piece of software that will do this but if you have some patience-especially look up Chandler's posts about this. I have created or modified several user rhythms which I've posted here in the files area-which I play and use for practice with 1) the PX350 2) PX575 and 3) PX560 and can also be loaded and played with the MZ-X and i think the CTX-3000/5000 but not sure about the CTX700/800 series. Yes, there are limitations to every piece of equipment I've ever played-but part of being creative for me at least is working within these limitations, or creating some way to remove them!  A very famous composer once instructed us in class-(Charles Wuorinen) its not just the notes that make the music-its the space between the notes. Or the space between our equipments limitations i guess! 

• 5 months later...
On 12/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, Denodan said:

I like geeky things and with versitality comes complexity. But this your only limited to your imagination. Get many say it's a steep learning curve, which it is, but so versatile and dought any other keyboard in this range is as versatile which is why I love it.

Its amazing for what it is. Looked at the korg ek50 and a close tossup, but casio won due it its versatility and can change very voice to your liking.

I am doubting between CT-X5000 and Korg EK-50. I was already decided to go for the Casio, but still worried about possible issues with its keybed after some time...

Is the EK-50 a good option? Can you share your PROs and CONs?