Video Files on Forum ×

PX Presets also change MIDI'd Yamaha presets

thronetogether

I don't see any settings in the px560 to filter any program or bank change messages unless I've overlooked something. I don't have a Motif, but my old SY77 can do that-can select which which midi messages to send and receive. Otherwise you will need an external midi filter box such as made by Midi Solutions or similar. Anatek used to make a "pocket filter". Neither of these options is inexpensive however. And there are software midi filters, but this would require a computer connection to both the Motif and PX560 would get complicated. Maybe Brad or someone here will have a better answer to this.

11 hours ago, thronetogether said:

Hi all - I dig my PX 560 and enjoy lurking around this forum.  

I've got a Yamaha Motif Rack MIDI'd to my PX-560, but every time I change presets on the PX, it also arbitrarily changes presets on the Yamaha.  Anyone know how to bypass those midi commands?

Thanks!

Phil

This sounds reasonable.

There are very detailed MIDI settings on some controllers (for instance Roland FA (Integra) provides options to ignore program changes)

I do not know specs for Motif Rack. On regular Motif, I do not remember options which allow ignoring program change commands from the external controller.