Video Files on Forum ×

Habanera

Very good! Just curious-where did you learn your hand, wrist and finger positions-all look classically trained?  Keeping those wrists straight-looks just right. And so much good opera repertoire for piano-masters of melody were the operatic composers. How is the action on the Montage compared to your PX360?  Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 1:11 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Very good! Just curious-where did you learn your hand, wrist and finger positions-all look classically trained?  Keeping those wrists straight-looks just right. And so much good opera repertoire for piano-masters of melody were the operatic composers. How is the action on the Montage compared to your PX360?  Thanks again.

In addition. There are just 8 levels of dynamics in music ;)

Standard MIDI allows specifying 128 values of velocity. ppp-16, fff-127.

Such things as 8ps or 8fs are not on the list.

I know that Casio has it is own extended standard 2 bytes which gives you xFFFF values of velocity (this mode can be on and off). This standard not always supported by external devices and DAW.

So basically Casio can provide higher resolution but I am not sure if anybody is looking for it.

On Montage there are three presets for action, the same is on the most keyboards. 

I expect the best action from RM3 II or Grand Feel II but that would be Kawai.

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 1:11 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

You asked me several times about action on Montage.

I have check the range of dynamics on PX vs Montage.

Privia has by far wider range ( for my ears) by far!

It even seems that the softest level stays the same (almost) as volume level goes up.

I think it is a great feature on Privia.

I can actually feel hammers on PX when pressing keys slowly (not sure how to qualify this)

Hi nice rendition and nice video.

By the way, how did you achieve the synchronisation between both videos? I am curious.

Now you could try to arrange an orchestral version 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi nice rendition and nice video.

By the way, how did you achieve the synchronisation between both videos? I am curious.

Now you could try to arrange an orchestral version 😉

The metronome in the headphones to match the tempo.

The rest is by ears.

• Like 1