Video Files on Forum ×

Boogie Woogie Christmas (Original Composition)

sergio

The last song was hard (for me) to put together, and I felt liberated after finishing it (not happy with the product).  And then, this simple melody came to me, new rhythm, and I had a lot of fun recording it.  I hope you enjoy!

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah (belated), and Happy Holidays to everyone!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, m10538!  It really came up all of a sudden...  Of course, I had to work at it for a few days.  The "layering" is as sophisticated as I can get these days.  I had all sorts of special effects I envisioned adding, but I just don't know how to do it, and frankly, I don't know that it matters to me much (for my purposes).  What I do is record on the "song recorder" of the keyboard, leaving a couple of bars open to add something later.  And then, when I record on the USB, I add the sound at the right time.  That's as good as I can get!

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Thanks, Tsquare!

Actually, I was aware of that song in the back of my head when I started playing with the tune, and in the beginning part I had the melody go down instead of up (I think that's what I did).  Anyway, the festive rhythm is great, and the melody is very simple, but I added a couple of chord changes for diversity sake...

BTW, when I thought of the title I also thought that it might be used, and sure enough there are a few versions with that title (different songs, of course).  I read that it's OK (no copyright) to use the same title in songs...  I didn't know that.

Thanks a lot, Brad.  The first part melody, probably by choice, is very, very simple.  It's the rhythm (this is my opinion) that drives the song, and repeating that first part.  I added a little diversion using nice chord changes that I'm familiar with. 

But it came to  my head, some first version of it, so quickly after getting rid of my last starndard song arrangement.

Thanks again!