Video Files on Forum ×

problem using px5s in Logic: multiple articulations in string instruments

cooneypiano

I've been trying to use the PX-5S in Logic Pro as a controller keyboard. When using the string software instruments such as "Cinema Strings" the PX-5S does not handle changes in articulations correctly. When I try to change the articulation in Logic to "Pizz" the PX-5S plays back both "pizz" and "legato" articulations. This does not happen with my standard Oxygen midi controller. Somehow the px-5s is triggering multiple articulations at the same time. How do I turn fix this? I have discussed with Apple Tech Support and confirmed that it is an issue with my controller and not Logic. I would very much like to use the Casio for my only studio controller rather than having multiple keyboards set-up in my office.

Thanks for any advice!

Try these two things.  Use factory stage setting 0-0 Concert grand.  That's a stage setting with only 1 zone active. I'll bet that's the problem. If it's not, also turn off high resolution MIDI out under system settings>MIDI.  Some software isn't supporting that standard yet and can be the source of issues.  I don't know where Logic stands on that.  

• Like 1