Video Files on Forum ×

My PX-5s started to have clattering sounds

mike71

My PX-5s started to have noisy and clattering keys, started with C4, then F4, and now seems to me that C5 is beginning to be noisy. Being still in warranty I think I'll send an email to the Casio Service if they could change the felts in warranty, or better, add one felt on the exiisting one, like @Jokeyman123  didy season, of course. out of warranty. After the holiday season, of course.

Hope they aren't saying that it's normal behaviour.

I think the newer Privias are better-my PX560 seems quieter without any modifications. Looks like there is slightly thicker felt cushions than my older px350. I could be wrong, but only going by my individual observations and playing. Then again, my older PX575 was not terribly clacky or noisy either, and it was already used. I agree, for better user playability and longevity, the Casio non-piano action keyboards need a better design. IMO it wouldn't take much to make these keyboards quieter and more resilient for constant playing. I'm afraid Casio assembly is fairly consistent through the lower end keyboard actions-WK, CTK and now the CTX and MZ-X series-seems like it is the same physical keyboard construction. I play my XW-P1 fairly regularly-I am primarily a piano player so hit pretty hard and after adding a minimal amount of felt to the appropriate contact points for the keys, I am not having any nosie problems. The action itself is quite nice for a consumer-grade keyboard compared to all the others I've owned over the years. Just needs some better noise-proofing, possibly better flex-joints for where the keys are attached to the frame in the back part of the key-this is it's weak point although none of mine have weakened and it has been a few years in now. A thicker more rigid case underneath the keys would also help. The older Casios had a pretty thick bottom case even with plastic. The newer ones seem thinner, I don't think that area of assembly adds or takes away much weight, but Casio would have to re-design or simply add a thicker panel to the bottom case. Happy holidays to all from Jokeyman, keep 'em laughing!

:banana::banana: