Video Files on Forum ×

WK-1200 MIDI possibilities

NUBIE ALERT!

I have a WK-1200. It has MIDI in and out jacks. I would like to play MIDI file (jam track) from Win 10 to the keyboard and play along.

Is this possible?

I bought a USB/MIDI cable but can't get it to work.

When I plugged the cable in to the computer it installed drivers and under Other Devices there is a USB MIDI Interface but not under Sound Output Device.

What are the correct MIDI settings on the WK-1200 to accomplish what I want to do?

Are there any step by step instructions?

TIA

Curt

Okay. MIDI is not audio so it won't show up under sound output device.  It's simply a controller connection so it shows up as a controller.  Once everything is working correctly you'll hear the keyboard itself playing sounds, not the computer.  Audio will have to be connected by the headphones output of the keyboard to your computer by an audio interface of some type (built in or external). You'll also need a some type of MIDI player/sequencer software on your computer.  Setup that software to use the USB MIDI interface as it's input and output.  Make sure your MIDI cable's OUT is connected to the keyboards MIDI IN, and IN connected to the MIDI OUT.  Once all that is checked, let us know what happens.

>>Once everything is working correctly you'll hear the keyboard itself playing sounds, not the computer<<

thanks for responding ...

bummer ... I was hoping to use my computer to play jam tracks through the keyboard and play along.

since there are both in and out jacks on the keyboard I thought I would be able to send from computer to keyboard