Video Files on Forum ×

Disabling Orchestration Accompaniment

Pavementii

So when you play the first song, "Over There", there is a long intro in which no piano is being played. It's all these accompanying orchestration (flutes, violins, cymbals, etc.). 
I want to eliminate/disable all of that.

I simply want to set the tone to piano and hear (and practice) every song with only piano-- no fancy orchestration.

I've tried going to Function --> AccompVol and Function --> Song Vol but the sounds stay and the whole system's volume seems to increase or decrease. 

Any ideas?

Are you playing the factory installed arrangements-the ones already part of the keyboard itself? I don't have an LK so I can't check this-but if this is what you are playing-I don't think you can separate the different instruments-I don't think you can "mute" the separate parts as you can if you are using just the preset auto-arranger "patterns". 

If you post which specific LK model-I can look up the manual online and be a little more specific. I do know that many of these Casios have 3 separate functions- one of which is to 1) play the entire keyboard with a single sound that you pick, with no backing arrangements playing. Or 2) play in arranger mode-where you select a preset backing rhythm-rock, jazz latin, waltz etc. and that arrangement will play as it matches your left hand playing chords while your right hand plays the melody at the same time-and the keyboard is now split and finally 3) there will be an assortment of full songs-complete with or without different backing instruments depending upon how Casio installed these into the keyboard's permanent memory-but you can not interact with these or modify these, all you can do is start and stop to listen to the pre-arranged composition in its entirety, without being able to modify it at all.

I think what you want to do is use #2-play in arranger mode-but these will not have pre-arranged melodies-these are purely backing instrumentation for playing your own melody and you must play the correct chords along with that backing rhythm or arrangement-the typical arranger keyboard function. Hope this helps. and sorry if I'm covering things you already understand, but online it is hard to tell!

Are you playing the factory installed arrangements-the ones already part of the keyboard itself? I don't have an LK so I can't check this-but if this is what you are playing-I don't think you can separate the different instruments-I don't think you can "mute" the separate parts as you can if you are using just the preset auto-arranger "patterns". 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Jokeyman! I am playing the factory installed arrangements. 

If you post which specific LK model-I can look up the manual online and be a little more specific.

I'm playing an LK-280.

55 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

3) there will be an assortment of full songs-complete with or without different backing instruments depending upon how Casio installed these into the keyboard's permanent memory-but you can not interact with these or modify these, all you can do is start and stop to listen to the pre-arranged composition in its entirety, without being able to modify it at all.

Yep! this is what I think I'm working with.  I've never tried to install songs myself. But maybe there are libraries with songs that I like already have them broken down into the lessons...? That would be nice. Or, once i get through all of the pre-set songs I like on the piano, I can maybe learn to do create my own songs and lessons.

58 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Hope this helps. and sorry if I'm covering things you already understand, but online it is hard to tell!

Excellent, Jokeyman! You did a great job. I don't know what I'm doing and I've read the book a few times but couldn't find what I was looking for so every bit of information helps. 🙂